2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just submitted my supplemental and got an email saying that they never received my GRE scores, however I had them sent on April 29th.. have any of you had this problem?

I also had quite a time lapse between when I sent my scores and when Duke said they had received them. However, you should still be guaranteed an application review b/c your app was complete before the early app deadline. I just imagined that it took them quite a long time to add the scores into my file b/c of the sheer volume of applicants that they have. 

Hey everyone, I'm filling out the supplemental and have been attempting to contact admissions for over a week. I figured you all could help instead! Under PA Shadowing, there are two Title spaces. I'm unclear about what they're each asking for. What did you all put? Thanks!

Just submitted my supplemental! Best of luck to everyone. I will keep everyone posted on any updates! Also, I live in Durham so if you have questions when it comes to interview time I am happy to help!

Edit: 8/10- Received an email saying they have received my GRE scores and I will receive another email once the application is verified by them. Woohoo!

Hey how did you guys determine the character count for the essay? Did you just use MS word? There does not seem to be a character count in the actual box where the essay goes.

Yes I used MS Word. Be careful though because the character count includes spaces. So if you copy and paste and have to many characters it will delete yours words starting at the end of your paragraph.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi guys! Quick question for the supplemental. I'll be working past Oct 1st and they inform us to mark that as our end date for care hours. Do we add the anticipated hours to our total hours? Or should I end my total hours without the anticipated?

I'm submitting today so wasn't sure if I cap the total with my current hours or add the Aug 15-October 1st anticipated hours to the total.

Thanks again!

Hi guys! Quick question for the supplemental. I'll be working past Oct 1st and they inform us to mark that as our end date for care hours. Do we add the anticipated hours to our total hours? Or should I end my total hours without the anticipated?

I'm submitting today so wasn't sure if I cap the total with my current hours or add the Aug 15-October 1st anticipated hours to the total.

Thanks again!

I think they want you to end what your hours would be in October because you are supposed to be at 2000 or more before you start Duke (or interview for them ). On my CASPA app I put still employed for my current employment but on the supp app I ended it on October 1. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived