2021 - 2022 Cycle

On 8/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, prepajamie said:

Hi! I’m in the same boat. I don’t want to hinder my chances by emailing, but I just want to know where I stand! 

I probably hindered my chances because I sent an email asking about an update LOL. 
I feel bad now but I was just too anxious. I wrote to them about two weeks ago and they ended up not even replying. Understandable though considering they probably receive hundreds, if not thousands, of emails/notifications.

hey guys, just had a general question about virtual interview etiquette.. What are your thoughts on taking notes during the Q&A portions? I'm worried that having a notebook by my laptop and writing notes might look like I'm on my phone.. wanted to know if anyone had any tips or experiences? TIA

11 hours ago, Amy918 said:

hey guys, just had a general question about virtual interview etiquette.. What are your thoughts on taking notes during the Q&A portions? I'm worried that having a notebook by my laptop and writing notes might look like I'm on my phone.. wanted to know if anyone had any tips or experiences? TIA

I took notes throughout on my iPad. I was accepted so I guess it didn't look bad lol? I personally don't see it as a bad thing.

Hi! I have an interview with Drexel on 9/27. Congrats on everyone's acceptances and I hope it's not too late for mine! I wanted to ask if anyone had any tips for the interview, specifically how to prepare for the writing portion? I am also from Chicago if anyone could let me know how they feel about Philly 🙂

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Accepted from the 8/26 interview!!

I was wondering if anyone had any updates on the clinical rotations, in regards to the closure of Hahnemann University Hospital and how that has affected students. I haven't been able to find anything on the forums (aside from one titled "Clinical Sites" that was started by user Guest RDtwoPA), but if someone could send a link with any additional information or knowledge of their own, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and good luck all!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elsebond said:

Declined without interview today. Applied early July. Here’s stats if it helps out future people: 

cumulative gpa: 3.80

post bacc/last 60/pre-req(I’m a career changer): 3.96 

pce: 1,100 as an optometric technician

volunteer: 30 shadow: 30

good luck to everyone! 

wow those are good stats. I also did the post bac as I am a career changer. haven't heard back yet and applied 5/21. good luck to you im sure something great is coming your way

3 hours ago, prepagal17 said:

wow those are good stats. I also did the post bac as I am a career changer. haven't heard back yet and applied 5/21. good luck to you im sure something great is coming your way

Thank you!! I appreciate the kindness. I know seats are limited and there are many fantastic applicants so just applied widely and hope something works. Best of luck to you- career changing into something you really want is so worth it!

I just got an interview invite this morning for 9/27! I didn't think I would get one since I applied in early June, but like a lot of people have said, if you haven't received a rejection then you're still in the running.

Timeline:

CASPA verified: 6/14

Drexel confirmation: 6/22

Interview invite: 9/20 (about 13 weeks after confirmation email)

Interview: 9/27

• Like 2

Last year when I applied to Drexel for the first time along with many other schools, Drexel was the first school to reject me on 7/20/2020. After almost tripling my PCE hours, I applied to this program again on 6/11 of this year. And today (9/20) I received an invitation for 9/27 interview. So excited and honored to be invited for the interview. Finally, it's time to prepare for the big day! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, rachaelim07 said:

I went through this cycle's posts and counted all the interview dates so far. 

It was total of 9 interviews. (6/21, 6/30, 7/12, 7/16, 8/4, 8/9, 8/17, 8/26 and 9/27). Somebody mentioned that Drexel will continue to interview students up until Thanksgiving. 

I have no idea how many people are accepted so far.  

I applied 5/21 and still haven't heard back. losing hope here haha