2021 - 2022 Cycle

So I submitted my application in August (late I know) and CASPA had changed the subject for one of my classes so that class didn't incorporate into my sGPA. I had a big back and forth with CASPA and they fixed my sGPA a day later.  I got an email from Drexel a day later stating that I will receive a rejection letter later on because I didn't meet the minimum sGPA, however, I haven't gotten it yet. I also sent them an email back in August about the situation and never heard back. I was wondering if anyone was in this situation or know anyone because I don't know if I'm still in the running or flat out rejected without the rejection letter 

Edited by K3life

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, emmakanee said:

For those who have interviewed typically how many days before did they send the email with the zoom link and blackboard shell email? I have an interview Nov 1st and haven't received the email yet. 

I received it the Wednesday before my Monday interview! I believe they said they latest they would send it was the Friday before

Good afternoon all,

Really trying to poll the room to stay professional. I just recieved an acceptance to one of my top choice schools and really want to give my interview spot to someone else but my interview is on the 1st...is that too short notice? 

Thanks for your input! 

1 hour ago, Eemma said:

Good afternoon all,

Really trying to poll the room to stay professional. I just recieved an acceptance to one of my top choice schools and really want to give my interview spot to someone else but my interview is on the 1st...is that too short notice? 

Thanks for your input! 

If you know that you for sure aren’t going to attend, I would definitely let them know. I don’t think it will seem unprofessional & it will allow another student to interview in your place - I’ve seen students get interview invitations the day before interviews. Best of luck!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, wmt6545 said:

If you know that you for sure aren’t going to attend, I would definitely let them know. I don’t think it will seem unprofessional & it will allow another student to interview in your place - I’ve seen students get interview invitations the day before interviews. Best of luck!

Thank you for this post!

I knew I wanted to give up this amazing opportunity but I just didn't want to put stress on the school. 

That being said, I have declined this interview so hopefully someone will be getting to jump on this opportunity!!

Good luck to everyone this cycle!!

3 minutes ago, oceanmedicinetravelpa said:

Is anyone concerned about Drexel's incredibly high attrition rate? It's kind of unbelievable how many people drop out...

I was/am. I reached out to some future classmates and they had reached out to others who graduated or are in the program. PM me and I can give you more details.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from them recently regarding an acceptance/rejection/waitlist after interviewing? I interviewed at the end of august and haven't heard from them on a decision. I know they said they were trying to send out decisions before christmas but I was hoping to hear from them by now. Not sure if emailing them would be a good move either. Thanks in advance! 🙂 

14 hours ago, SSzymanski said:

Has anyone heard from them recently regarding an acceptance/rejection/waitlist after interviewing? I interviewed at the end of august and haven't heard from them on a decision. I know they said they were trying to send out decisions before christmas but I was hoping to hear from them by now. Not sure if emailing them would be a good move either. Thanks in advance! 🙂 

I heard around thanksgiving. I interview in the beginning of June and no response after. 

Hi all. I just wanted to offer some help and encouragement. I didn't get in to Duke. You are SO MUCH MORE than your application status. This is just a small blip in light of eternity. I'll be praying for us all as our worth is tied to our professions and what we do. 

On another note, if there are any veterans (anyone who has served in an American military service and was honorably/generally discharged) the VA's HPSP scholarship is accepting applications. I've applied and have been accepted. They are ONLY offering spots to veteran PA students.

There are other options for students to apply for positions with the federal government for loan repayment or scholarship separate from the NHS program.

Let me know if you need help with your application. Message me directly if you want to talk or need help. 

Hang in there!