2021 - 2022 Cycle

2 minutes ago, Gratefulguy said:

Hi all, here's the info for the Drexel interview. I was just notified. 

Dear ********,

On behalf of the Admissions Committee of the Drexel University Physician Assistant Program, I would like to invite you to an admissions interview on Wednesday, August 4, 2021.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews this admissions cycle will be virtual.  The format worked well last cycle, and we are committed to ensuring that you receive a good sense of the program, faculty, and student life experience at Drexel University.  There will be a Blackboard shell open for you to learn more about the Drexel PA Program at your own pace, a writing sample to be completed the day of the interview, and three Zoom sessions on the day of the interview.  The first will be a welcome/Q & A with a faculty member, followed by a 30 minute interview with a pair of faculty members, and then finally a Q & A session with current students and the other applicants from the virtual interview session.

The schedule for the day is as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

Writing sample, 30 minutes anytime between 8:00 - 11:30 am, completed in Blackboard
Zoom Welcome/Q & A with Program Director, Professor Julie Kinzel, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Zoom interviews scheduled at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 pm (specific time for each applicant to be assigned)
Zoom Q & A session with current students 6:00 - 7:00 pm

Please reply to this email to confirm your availability for this date.  Following confirmation, you will receive more information about the Blackboard shell and zoom sessions closer to the date.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you have already been accepted into another program, please let me know so that I can withdraw your application.

Warm Regards,
Martha Davis

thank you for this! when did you apply/get verified?

Just now, Gratefulguy said:

@prepagal17 I'd say email them if you didn't get the confirmation email, but check your spam or trash. I think I put a copy of the one they sent me on this chat. 

I got the "receipt of application" email, but I have not heard back since. I am just anxious because I applied on the 5/21. Do you think reaching out on the status is a good idea?

@prepagal17 you could but they seem to be making their way through. If it's like another school I applied to, the apps are reviewed by different members of the program so move at their own pace and then notifications are handled by someone totally different. Did you confirm that you did everything in The email? Maybe if you have something to add and that's listed I in the email it would be ok?

Hey guys! I was notified by email that I was accepted on 7/12! Here’s all my info:

Submitted application 5/7, verified 5/10.

Drexel received 5/10.

Invited for an interview on 6/2, had the interview 6/21.

Stats: GPA 3.73, science 3.62. Direct patient care hours ~2500, 20 hours shadowing, ~130 volunteer hours. I worked as an EMT but had prior experience as a personal care attendant, was a TA in anatomy labs during my under grad and volunteered at a local hospital as well as a free clinic. 

As far as the interview day goes, I prepped answers to common questions and practiced verbally answering them. Be sure to look up history and current events surrounding the profession to better prepare you for the writing sample I think that helped me.

Hope all this helps!!

• Like 3