Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Accepted!! I interviewed on 6/21 and received the email yesterday 6/12

It was traditional and short 30 mins. One faculty member and one scribe. Very typical questions! 

I also just got an acceptance from my 6/30 interview!

18 hours ago, NitaBB said:

Congratulations!! Would you be able to share your stats or what you thought were the strength of your app

Sure thing! 

cGPA: 3.68   sGPA: 3.4  post-bac 3.9

I doubled majored in English and Biology in undergrad 

PCE: 3800 hours as an EMT, most of them in a low income/poverty stricken city in Greater Philadelphia

Shadowing: 30 hours with an ER PA 

Over 800 hours of leadership through collegiate softball team captain, two club VP positions, and student employment

5 LOR: 1 PA, 1 science prof, 1 coach, 1 healthcare supervisor, 1 non-healthcare supervisor

In regards to how strong I feel my app is, I believe my personal statement was where I made an impact and a diverse set of letters definitely helped!  

Sending lots of luck to everyone in this application cycle! Happy to answer any other questions!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, Faithc said:

Sure thing! 

cGPA: 3.68   sGPA: 3.4  post-bac 3.9

I doubled majored in English and Biology in undergrad 

PCE: 3800 hours as an EMT, most of them in a low income/poverty stricken city in Greater Philadelphia

Shadowing: 30 hours with an ER PA 

Over 800 hours of leadership through collegiate softball team captain, two club VP positions, and student employment

5 LOR: 1 PA, 1 science prof, 1 coach, 1 healthcare supervisor, 1 non-healthcare supervisor

In regards to how strong I feel my app is, I believe my personal statement was where I made an impact and a diverse set of letters definitely helped!  

Sending lots of luck to everyone in this application cycle! Happy to answer any other questions!

when did you apply? did you get interview through email or phone? congrats 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prepagal17 said:

when did you apply? did you get interview through email or phone? congrats 🙂

I submitted my app on 5/5, was verified on 5/6, and got the confirmation email from Drexel on 5/7!  The interview invite was sent out via email. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a rejection from them this morning, kind of bummed to start my app cycle like this but not much I can do. I know people will ask so:

cgpa: 3.89

sgpa: 3.75

PCE: 2000+ ophthalmic tech

HCE: around 100 

Leadership: 100+

My weakness is probably a lower number of volunteer and shadowing hours, I did go on a mission trip to Haiti and did some soup kitchen stuff here and there. I started the PA route kind of late (last year) so I only really have virtual shadowing hours. Good luck to everyone else!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, swong97 said:

Just got a rejection from them this morning, kind of bummed to start my app cycle like this but not much I can do. I know people will ask so:

cgpa: 3.89

sgpa: 3.75

PCE: 2000+ ophthalmic tech

HCE: around 100 

Leadership: 100+

My weakness is probably a lower number of volunteer and shadowing hours, I did go on a mission trip to Haiti and did some soup kitchen stuff here and there. I started the PA route kind of late (last year) so I only really have virtual shadowing hours. Good luck to everyone else!

You have great stats! Keep your head up. When did you submit?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More