2021 - 2022 Cycle

18 hours ago, NitaBB said:

Congratulations!! Would you be able to share your stats or what you thought were the strength of your app

Sure thing! 

cGPA: 3.68   sGPA: 3.4  post-bac 3.9

I doubled majored in English and Biology in undergrad 

PCE: 3800 hours as an EMT, most of them in a low income/poverty stricken city in Greater Philadelphia

Shadowing: 30 hours with an ER PA 

Over 800 hours of leadership through collegiate softball team captain, two club VP positions, and student employment

5 LOR: 1 PA, 1 science prof, 1 coach, 1 healthcare supervisor, 1 non-healthcare supervisor

In regards to how strong I feel my app is, I believe my personal statement was where I made an impact and a diverse set of letters definitely helped!  

Sending lots of luck to everyone in this application cycle! Happy to answer any other questions!

On 6/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, Faithc said:

Sure thing! 

cGPA: 3.68   sGPA: 3.4  post-bac 3.9

I doubled majored in English and Biology in undergrad 

PCE: 3800 hours as an EMT, most of them in a low income/poverty stricken city in Greater Philadelphia

Shadowing: 30 hours with an ER PA 

Over 800 hours of leadership through collegiate softball team captain, two club VP positions, and student employment

5 LOR: 1 PA, 1 science prof, 1 coach, 1 healthcare supervisor, 1 non-healthcare supervisor

In regards to how strong I feel my app is, I believe my personal statement was where I made an impact and a diverse set of letters definitely helped!  

Sending lots of luck to everyone in this application cycle! Happy to answer any other questions!

when did you apply? did you get interview through email or phone? congrats 🙂

Just got a rejection from them this morning, kind of bummed to start my app cycle like this but not much I can do. I know people will ask so:

cgpa: 3.89

sgpa: 3.75

PCE: 2000+ ophthalmic tech

HCE: around 100 

Leadership: 100+

My weakness is probably a lower number of volunteer and shadowing hours, I did go on a mission trip to Haiti and did some soup kitchen stuff here and there. I started the PA route kind of late (last year) so I only really have virtual shadowing hours. Good luck to everyone else!