2021 - 2022 Cycle

14 hours ago, TinaRocketfish said:

I haven't received anything yet. I emailed Martha just in case since we are a couple days out and she mentioned we would be getting it last week. 

If you hear anything back from her please let me know! I was thinking about emailing her as well but if you already did I'll wait and see if we get anything today

1 hour ago, prepawac said:

Has anyone gotten rejections from them. I applied 6/20 and verified 6/22 and haven't heard anything yet. Should I email Martha and ask for an update? For those who reached out for an update on your application, what did she say?

Hi! 🙂

I have not heard anything from the program since their receipt of my application on 6/22. This is my first time applying to PA schools but from reading from other posts and forums, the programs do not usually appreciate a bunch of emails asking for updates. They are working through thousands of applications and I would say unless it is months past when they are expected to get back to us it really is pointless to ask about updates. 

The waiting is awful, I feel ya! But I feel like being patient will be in our best interest! 

Hopefully you hear something soon!

Have a wonderful day!

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:48 PM, prepawac said:

Has anyone gotten rejections from them. I applied 6/20 and verified 6/22 and haven't heard anything yet. Should I email Martha and ask for an update? For those who reached out for an update on your application, what did she say?

I believe they have sent out informal rejection emails to some applicants. I would keep the faith if you haven't received one!

3 hours ago, sayNOtoNP said:

Hey everybody, I hope that all you guys get in to your school of choice.

I interviewed on 8-4 and have not heard back for them yet. Has anyone who interviewed with Drexel gotten a formal rejection?

I interviewed 8/4 too! Still haven't heard anything. I was seeing all these people getting accepted and expecting a rejection, but have yet to get one. We shall see I guess lol. 

29 minutes ago, FridaP said:

Congratulations!!! You must've KILLED your interview!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you!!

GPA: 3.67
science GPA: around the same (I don’t remember exactly lol)
PCE: 2300
HCE: 500
Shadowing: 120 (mix of PAs and other healthcare providers, most in person but some virtual)
GRE: 314
Leadership experience: D1 team captain for two years and D1 athlete for 4 years
Teaching exp: TA for nutrition for 1 semester
Volunteer: one of my weaker points in terms of hours but a variety of experiences 
LORs: 2 PAs, 1 supervisor (RN), 1 college instructor

If I’m leaving anything out you want to know just ask! Hours were all at the time I applied (early June) and I’ve continued to build more  Hope this helps!

Ahh! Y'all! I got my acceptance email this morning! I am so excited. Funny story though--I was literally going into another interview when I got it. Naturally I had a freak out and started crying. I had to quickly compose myself and clean up the mascara streaks before I went into the interview. Then act normal and not like a life changing thing had just happened. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gratefulguy said:

@EnthusiasticPAHopeful2021

Great story!! You were probs so relaxed for the other interview! 

I cried like a baby. I went to the bathroom at work and explained to my coworkers that my red eyes were from tears of joy instead of other things. 😂

I was! I wish I had felt that relaxed in the Drexel interview lol. And hey I get it! I was a sobbing blubbering mess. Ever seen Kim K cry? Yeah a lot like that 😂 I'll be excited to meet you and others next fall!!!

• Like 1