Application Cycle 2020-2021

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aPpA5

I contacted them about a timeline and this is what I got in response, thought you guys would like to know! 

"Thank you for reaching out! The application cycle just opened at the end of April and does not close until October 1, 2020. Interview invitations will be sent out to applicants about a month after the cycle closes, and interviews will not be held until the new year."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

Is this program rolling admissions?! I applied to 14 schools in May and may apply to a few more non-rolling just to be safe..

I believe this program is non-rolling. If I could offer some advice (don't know if its good or not), but I would wait on the non-rolling schools until you HAVE to apply to meet the deadline. Maybe this is wrong but personally I applied to 13 schools all in May, and 5 were non-rolling. Since then I have been accepted into one and interviewed and waiting on the decision of another. These are both January start dates so I will be pulling most of my applications from the other schools. In the case of my non-rolling schools, I am pulling my app before they even look at it, ugh. I am over the moon happy with my acceptance but wished I saved some money by waiting to apply to the non-rolling schools. Again, just my two cents

Edited by cassidyl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 7:37 AM, cassidyl said:

I believe this program is non-rolling. If I could offer some advice (don't know if its good or not), but I would wait on the non-rolling schools until you HAVE to apply to meet the deadline. Maybe this is wrong but personally I applied to 13 schools all in May, and 5 were non-rolling. Since then I have been accepted into one and interviewed and waiting on the decision of another. These are both January start dates so I will be pulling most of my applications from the other schools. In the case of my non-rolling schools, I am pulling my app before they even look at it, ugh. I am over the moon happy with my acceptance but wished I saved some money by waiting to apply to the non-rolling schools. Again, just my two cents

I'm in the exact same boat as you! I have been accepted to a January start program and while I am ecstatic about my acceptance, I am slightly bummed I won't have the opportunity to hear back from other programs in time. I interviewed at MGH last year and was put on the waitlist. The program, facility and people were wonderful! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bnicoletti said:

Hello!! I know the deadline was only 4 days ago, but has anyone heard anything? Or know of when invites may be sent out? 

A previous poster stated that the invites would be sent out about a month after the cycle closed on 10/1 and that interviews would not happen until the new year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, d0nutd0n said:

Last year, I was invited on 9/27 for an 11/1 interview. However, this cycle may vary due to covid and whether the interviews will be conducted via Zoom or in-person?

Same timeline here but for an interview waitlist. Official rejection on 11/8 so basically a week post interview

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...