2020-2021 Cycle

I haven't received an email that my application is under review but I submitted my supplemental fee and application on May 27th. When I go to the supplemental application it says that everything is either completed or received. Is there something else I should do? I took the CASPer test on 5/7 and other schools have received it, I'm assuming CU has as well since the supplemental says it has but I just don't know why I haven't gotten a confirmation email? Any advice?

On 6/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, shkswimming said:

Hey!

I might be able to help. 

I think it would be best if I just copy paste one of their paper that I have:

At least 6 semester hours (or 8 quarters) of the above requirement MUST BE upper division coursework completed within the last five years. The most common numbering system for upper division credits is 300, 3000 or above, however numbering systems may vary depending on the institution. If you are unsure whether courses are upper division, check with your institution's registrar or course catalog for the numbering system for your institution. Community Colleges do not offer upper division credits. 

Recommended: biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, and microbiology. 

Remember that upper Genetics requirement is separate from the upper division courses. 

Super late but that's all I found as well. The more research I did into other PA programs (and them being more detailed) I realize that it depends on the school. Some want A&P/Micro to be "upper division" while others don't care if it's at a community college as long as it is intended for bio majors. I guess I'll stick with the schools that don't require A&P/Micro to be upper division since I already retook it for second time for a low price I don't want to have to take a 3rd for an even higher price just to meet a certain school's admission requirement. 

So, it's now July, and CU will begin emailing interview invitations.  Does anyone know whether or not they send out rejections if they have chosen not to offer you an interview?  Or do you just know you haven't been selected if you don't get an invitation by, say, October or November?  Thanks!  Best of luck!

20 minutes ago, JBuck said:

So, it's now July, and CU will begin emailing interview invitations.  Does anyone know whether or not they send out rejections if they have chosen not to offer you an interview?  Or do you just know you haven't been selected if you don't get an invitation by, say, October or November?  Thanks!  Best of luck!

Based on the forum last year, rejections weren't sent out until all interview invites were sent out in October/November. Sounds like it was an email

Hey everyone! 

I submitted my CASPA 5/26 and after doing sooo many supplementals I had major application burnout and didn't touch the supplemental for CU. At this point I'm wondering if I still should or if it looks bad that I haven't done it in a whole month. I'm finishing up another extremely long supplemental and just having difficulty with these essays. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, LivPA said:

I am waiting for the required prerequisite to be done. Do you guys think it is too late for me to submit my application if I submit it next week?

Not at all, and at this point, waiting an extra week wouldn't make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 11:31 PM, ekc5755 said:

Since it’s July, I feel the need to ask: has anyone received an invite yet or heard about anyone else getting an invite?

I submitted my app June 18th. It was verified June 25th, and I got an email from Kay that day saying my app was being reviewed.  I noticed that last year, interview invites were sent out as early as July 9th.  I suspect they'll be sending them out any day now, but who knows with all of this year's craziness.  Best of luck to everyone!  

On 7/17/2020 at 1:31 AM, ekc5755 said:

Since it’s July, I feel the need to ask: has anyone received an invite yet or heard about anyone else getting an invite?

I submitted on June 4th and was verified by the program on June 9th- I  still have not heard back either. Assuming it has been delayed because of COVID. Good luck to everyone applying! 

1 minute ago, Mlopes21 said:

If we applied around the same time as someone who got an interview invite, does that mean that we are basically rejected? Or do you guys know if schools don’t/do work like that?

I’m pretty sure they send rejection emails right?