2020-2021 Cycle

On 9/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, safuturepa said:

hey y’all! i just interviewed yesterday (9/29)!!!! and it was amazing! if anyone in that interview group has heard anything please let me know!! i know they get back to accepted students REALLY quick! thanks !

Hey there! I just got the call from Kay this morning 10/1 at 9:30am, hopefully more great news for everyone else here soon. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all of the help and support. Best of luck to everyone else, you got this!!!

• Like 2

I was wondering if anyone had a general consensus as to how many people they accept right after their interview date and how many people they accept after all the interview dates are over. I also wonder if anyone has been denied yet after their interview date and about how long it took to hear back? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goatbomb said:

I was wondering if anyone had a general consensus as to how many people they accept right after their interview date and how many people they accept after all the interview dates are over. I also wonder if anyone has been denied yet after their interview date and about how long it took to hear back? 

During the interview she explained to us that she paces herself with acceptances right after the interview day. She didn’t give us a number of how many people exactly. Final decisions don’t go out until November and they do not rank the waitlist. Hope this helps! 

6 minutes ago, Clayton said:

So if I was verified June 30th, and there are people that have been verified after me getting interviews and acceptances, does that mean I won’t get an interview or is there still hope? 

The last interview is in a week or two I believe, so it’s probably unlikely that you would get one if you haven’t already. In the interview she said that they got 25% more applications this year but still only offered 144 interviews, so definitely don’t feel bad if you didn’t get one, it was a crazy competitive year! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Graceme said:

Can some of you who got interviews and/or accepted share your stats? Kinda sucks to hear wrapping up interviews...

Thanks & congrats!

Hey girl! Don't be discouraged! There was a 25% increase in applicants this year, and we wont know about final interviews or acceptances until November! Never say never!! I put my stats below if you're curious! Everyone I interviewed with was unique in their own way so don't compare yourself! They really tried to find people that were special in their own way!

If anyone that has been accepted wants to connect, follow me on instagram @sahran_wrap and i'll follow back! I'm excited to meet yall!!

159/158/4.0 on the GRE

biology undergrad graduated in may of 2020

3.6 undergrad GPA, 3.43 sGPA

840 hours of healthcare experience

2100 hours of patient care experience 

72 hours shadowing a PA

360 hours of shadowing an MD

I also had lots of volunteer hours, some teaching assistance and medical/non-medical extracurriculars!

Let me know if you have any questions! Goodluck!!

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 2:08 AM, safuturepa said:

Hey girl! Don't be discouraged! There was a 25% increase in applicants this year, and we wont know about final interviews or acceptances until November! Never say never!! I put my stats below if you're curious! Everyone I interviewed with was unique in their own way so don't compare yourself! They really tried to find people that were special in their own way!

If anyone that has been accepted wants to connect, follow me on instagram @sahran_wrap and i'll follow back! I'm excited to meet yall!!

159/158/4.0 on the GRE

biology undergrad graduated in may of 2020

3.6 undergrad GPA, 3.43 sGPA

840 hours of healthcare experience

2100 hours of patient care experience 

72 hours shadowing a PA

360 hours of shadowing an MD

I also had lots of volunteer hours, some teaching assistance and medical/non-medical extracurriculars!

Let me know if you have any questions! Goodluck!!

Followed you! Anyone else is welcome to follow me as well to connect - @kaitlinmj42

13 hours ago, Rachel205 said:

Hey everyone I am interviewing this week and was wondering if anyone can give insight to the group interview? How many students are in a group? I know we have two interviewers but just wondering how the group interview went over zoom?

There are two other students in the group. So two interviewers and 3 students total. Its definitely more relaxing over zoom, but I do wish they gave more time for the individual interview. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rachel205 said:

Hey everyone I am interviewing this week and was wondering if anyone can give insight to the group interview? How many students are in a group? I know we have two interviewers but just wondering how the group interview went over zoom?

I am also interviewing this week! That is a great question and would be very insightful. Maybe we will get to meet each other on interview day. Best of luck to you!

• Upvote 1