2020-2021 Cycle

On 7/29/2020 at 11:45 AM, KaiteKakes said:

How are you "positive" they won't look at my application without 1 psych class?

Do you work on the admissions committee? Do you know someone who does?

Why do people apply and get accepted to this school if they don't even finish their bachelors until May?

Why would they say on their website it's not required by application submission if it is? 

I'm just saying I don't really think you can make blanket statements like that when you're in the same position as the rest of us: pre-PA, submitting an application, waiting for an acceptance. 

Hi,

I went to an information session, and Kay Denler, the Director of Admissions and Program Systems said they won't consider applications that don't meet the requirements.  That is why I said "I'm almost positive they won't look at your app unless you meet all the requirements." (I think that's pretty different from saying I'm 'positive' they won't look at your app without 1 psych class.)  Kay said 25% of applicants don't meet requirements and are tossed; I didn't want you to be one of those. 

Sorry.  I messed up and thought psych was a requirement for application.  Glad PrepaG clarified the difference between requirements for application and before matriculation.  

Does anyone know how many interview dates are left?

Based on what I’ve seen in this forum, I think they’re sending out invites for the last interview day. They only have 4. I had mine 9/11, someone said 9/29 and then 10/3 or something like that. I thought someone last night or a couple nights ago said they got one for 10/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, prePA305 said:

I received my acceptance call from Kay yesterday morning as well! So excited! For those of you with upcoming interviews, just try your hardest to be yourself and you'll do great. The faculty are awesome and they want to see you do well. It was all really well organized on the Zoom format. Good luck to all!

Congrats!!! How long after your interview Did it take them to contact you? Were you in the 9/11 interview?

For anyone interviewing, make sure you keep an eye on your time. My individual interview was cut 2 minutes short and I was unaware until I logged off, which was really frustrating since it was already so short to begin with. I could have answered another question, asked a question, or made a closing statement in that time. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! They have a 2% acceptance rate this year so don’t feel bad if you get a rejection. There are plenty of other incredible schools out there and if they didn’t want you, they didn’t deserve you!!

57 minutes ago, PrePAStudent126 said:

For anyone interviewing, make sure you keep an eye on your time. My individual interview was cut 2 minutes short and I was unaware until I logged off, which was really frustrating since it was already so short to begin with. I could have answered another question, asked a question, or made a closing statement in that time. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! They have a 2% acceptance rate this year so don’t feel bad if you get a rejection. There are plenty of other incredible schools out there and if they didn’t want you, they didn’t deserve you!!

Thanks so much for your insight and encouragement. Were the group interviews icebreakers like they were last year or were they more traditional group interviews?

21 hours ago, PrePAStudent126 said:

It was cut short?  That stinks.  Sorry that happened.  How do you think that happened?  Did the interviewer cut it short?  How might you suggest avoiding that?  Thanks!

On 9/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, JBuck said:

It was cut short?  That stinks.  Sorry that happened.  How do you think that happened?  Did the interviewer cut it short?  How might you suggest avoiding that?  Thanks!

Yeah the interviewer said we were out of time but we weren’t and unfortunately nobody did anything about it when I brought it up in an email after my interview. I’d suggest keeping the zoom meeting not completely full screen so you can keep an eye on the time!