Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Figured I would start this for this cycle!

I submitted 05/09 and was verified on 05/11. I received an email today (5/13) from UC saying they have received my CASPA application but they are waiting on my supplemental. I finished my supplemental on 5/11 but I think their website says it will take a few days to process the supplemental. I received a receipt saying my supplemental payment was confirmed but on my supplemental application it says not received. Hopefully in a few days it will update and my application will  be under review!!! Good luck to y'all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andrewnelson10 said:

Figured I would start this for this cycle!

I submitted 05/09 and was verified on 05/11. I received an email today (5/13) from UC saying they have received my CASPA application but they are waiting on my supplemental. I finished my supplemental on 5/11 but I think their website says it will take a few days to process the supplemental. I received a receipt saying my supplemental payment was confirmed but on my supplemental application it says not received. Hopefully in a few days it will update and my application will  be under review!!! Good luck to y'all!

Hello! I am planning on applying as well. Finishing up my spring semester and the transcript before submitting it.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andrewnelson10 said:

Figured I would start this for this cycle!

I submitted 05/09 and was verified on 05/11. I received an email today (5/13) from UC saying they have received my CASPA application but they are waiting on my supplemental. I finished my supplemental on 5/11 but I think their website says it will take a few days to process the supplemental. I received a receipt saying my supplemental payment was confirmed but on my supplemental application it says not received. Hopefully in a few days it will update and my application will  be under review!!! Good luck to y'all!

When did you take the CASPer test? I took it the first day it was offered but they haven't received the score yet. I read somewhere it could take a few weeks for the scores to be sent to the schools??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished applying! I'll be a reapplicant this year, but feel way better prepared this time around. Application is complete other than the CASPer scores being sent in (which I think takes 3 weeks to send?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, PA20KA said:

When did you take the CASPer test? I took it the first day it was offered but they haven't received the score yet. I read somewhere it could take a few weeks for the scores to be sent to the schools??

I took the CASPer on May 7th. I think that was the first one available. 

My application at CU also says they have not received it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has had the following problem, please let me know! I have had some sort of tech error while attempting to turn in my supplemental application. I have attempted to pay on numerous cards, on different browsers, with accurate information, as well as my current CASPA ID, and I am still receiving an email back that says that my payment has not been processed for unknown reasons. Oddly enough, Kay Denler has no information for me, but has said others have had this issue. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I have not run into problems like this with any other schools, and this is worrisome. If there is a God, maybe it will give someone the knowledge to help fix this lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JHHay30 said:

If anyone has had the following problem, please let me know! I have had some sort of tech error while attempting to turn in my supplemental application. I have attempted to pay on numerous cards, on different browsers, with accurate information, as well as my current CASPA ID, and I am still receiving an email back that says that my payment has not been processed for unknown reasons. Oddly enough, Kay Denler has no information for me, but has said others have had this issue. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I have not run into problems like this with any other schools, and this is worrisome. If there is a God, maybe it will give someone the knowledge to help fix this lol.

I didn't have this issue but would it be helpful to maybe make a new CU application account with a new email? I know it may not be ideal but maybe it would give it a clean slate to avoid the error message? Just a thought! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 1:53 PM, shkswimming said:

I took the CASPer on May 7th. I think that was the first one available. 

My application at CU also says they have not received it as well. 

For May 7th on CASPer it says scores received but on the CU it says it doesn’t have it I’m guessing it needs some more time to load?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

For May 7th on CASPer it says scores received but on the CU it says it doesn’t have it I’m guessing it needs some more time to load?

My CASPer has now been received by Colorado!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cee2021 said:

My CASPer has now been received by Colorado!

Just checked and mine is received as well. Just waiting for my spring transcript and turn in my CASPA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 7:07 AM, adubs94 said:

Received a notificaiton yesterday morning at 10am that my application was complete and under review!

How long from when you paid did the payment part say received?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

How long from when you paid did the payment part say received?

I am pretty sure it took mine around 5 business days! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I didn't know where to put this but University of Colorado has been at the top of my list due to its pediatric-focused PA program. 

My question is what class did you all use for this requirement? 

Upper division: At least 6 semester hours (or 8-9 quarter hours) of the above requirement MUST BE upper division coursework completed within the last five years of the application deadline. Upper division credits are most commonly 300 or 3000 level or above. Community colleges do not offer upper division credit.

I tried emailing the program themselves to ask what coursework they commonly recommend for this but all they stated was ]

See the PRereq webpage – upper division is 300+. See what is required on the How to Apply webpage.

Which was not very helpful as i know each college labels their upper division differently (ie the school where i got my undergraduate degree upper level was 100+)

It's been awhile since i've take upper division courses (5+ years) so I need to know what I should retake because upper division courses are not the easiest to find or retake and the most expensive price wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christine616 said:

Hi all,

I didn't know where to put this but University of Colorado has been at the top of my list due to its pediatric-focused PA program. 

My question is what class did you all use for this requirement? 

Upper division: At least 6 semester hours (or 8-9 quarter hours) of the above requirement MUST BE upper division coursework completed within the last five years of the application deadline. Upper division credits are most commonly 300 or 3000 level or above. Community colleges do not offer upper division credit.

I tried emailing the program themselves to ask what coursework they commonly recommend for this but all they stated was ]

See the PRereq webpage – upper division is 300+. See what is required on the How to Apply webpage.

Which was not very helpful as i know each college labels their upper division differently (ie the school where i got my undergraduate degree upper level was 100+)

It's been awhile since i've take upper division courses (5+ years) so I need to know what I should retake because upper division courses are not the easiest to find or retake and the most expensive price wise. 

@Christine616 I used courses from my masters degree some upper division courses that I have is Virology, Immunology, Parasitology, Advanced Cell Bio, Endocrinology, Signal transduction and Medical micro. Expense wise it might be a lot cause they’re above 300 level so 3-4 credits but there might be a lot more options to take due to covid, so classes that are typically in person can now be offered online. If you need any other help feel free to reach out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Christine616 said:

Hi all,

I didn't know where to put this but University of Colorado has been at the top of my list due to its pediatric-focused PA program. 

My question is what class did you all use for this requirement? 

Upper division: At least 6 semester hours (or 8-9 quarter hours) of the above requirement MUST BE upper division coursework completed within the last five years of the application deadline. Upper division credits are most commonly 300 or 3000 level or above. Community colleges do not offer upper division credit.

I tried emailing the program themselves to ask what coursework they commonly recommend for this but all they stated was ]

See the PRereq webpage – upper division is 300+. See what is required on the How to Apply webpage.

Which was not very helpful as i know each college labels their upper division differently (ie the school where i got my undergraduate degree upper level was 100+)

It's been awhile since i've take upper division courses (5+ years) so I need to know what I should retake because upper division courses are not the easiest to find or retake and the most expensive price wise. 

Hey!

I might be able to help. 

I think it would be best if I just copy paste one of their paper that I have:

At least 6 semester hours (or 8 quarters) of the above requirement MUST BE upper division coursework completed within the last five years. The most common numbering system for upper division credits is 300, 3000 or above, however numbering systems may vary depending on the institution. If you are unsure whether courses are upper division, check with your institution's registrar or course catalog for the numbering system for your institution. Community Colleges do not offer upper division credits. 

Recommended: biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, and microbiology. 

 

Remember that upper Genetics requirement is separate from the upper division courses. 

Edited by shkswimming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine that they don't start reviewing your app until they've received your CASPer score, right?

Edited by JBuck
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I imagine that they don't start reviewing your app until they've received your CASPer score, right?

I believe that’s the case


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JBuck said:

Has CU sent out interview invitations yet? 

I don't believe so no. The app confirmation email I received on 05/26 stated that "Interview invitations are sent from July through October." So I'm pretty sure they'll start reaching out at the end of June/beginning of July. Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More