2020-2021 Cycle

4 minutes ago, Mlopes21 said:

If we applied around the same time as someone who got an interview invite, does that mean that we are basically rejected? Or do you guys know if schools don’t/do work like that?

No that's not the case! They're rolling so you could get an invite anytime throughout the cycle. I wouldn't get discouraged. There's still so much time in the cycle! 

Just now, KaiteKakes said:

I didn't apply to this program because I know how competitive it is, and I feel like my GPA is below average... But now I'm second guessing that decision and kind of want to try... Anyone else feel that way? 

I applied to the program just to see because they might surprise you. They might like your hours or personal statement or something. 

3 minutes ago, LivPA said:

I applied to the program just to see because they might surprise you. They might like your hours or personal statement or something. 

That is very true... I do have >6000 PCE. Although I would have to retake intro to psych. *eye roll* forgot I took that senior year of high school for AP credit. 

Thank you for the encouragement! 

• Like 1

Just now, KaiteKakes said:

That is very true... I do have >6000 PCE. Although I would have to retake intro to psych. *eye roll* forgot I took that senior year of high school for AP credit. 

That is a lot of hours. I have seen people get accepted with lower GPAs and high PCE

that sucks about Psych... I feel that for sure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

I think they just require 6 credits of social science. You wouldn't have to retake intro. You could take another course, like developmental or abnormal psych. I'm pretty sure other psych classes would work, too, like child psychology (the program does focus on pediatrics).  I'm almost positive they won't look at your app unless you meet all the requirements. I've heard stories of someone applying to a program without meeting the prereqs and getting accepted. Pretty sure that's not the case with CU, and with so many programs out there, why spend time and money unless you do meet the minimum requirements? I'm sure you have some great experience and that they'd be lucky to have you 🙂 

14 hours ago, JBuck said:

I think they just require 6 credits of social science. You wouldn't have to retake intro. You could take another course, like developmental or abnormal psych. I'm pretty sure other psych classes would work, too, like child psychology (the program does focus on pediatrics).  I'm almost positive they won't look at your app unless you meet all the requirements. I've heard stories of someone applying to a program without meeting the prereqs and getting accepted. Pretty sure that's not the case with CU, and with so many programs out there, why spend time and money unless you do meet the minimum requirements? I'm sure you have some great experience and that they'd be lucky to have you 🙂 

How are you "positive" they won't look at my application without 1 psych class?

Do you work on the admissions committee? Do you know someone who does?

Why do people apply and get accepted to this school if they don't even finish their bachelors until May?

Why would they say on their website it's not required by application submission if it is? 

I'm just saying I don't really think you can make blanket statements like that when you're in the same position as the rest of us: pre-PA, submitting an application, waiting for an acceptance. 

Edited by KaiteKakes