George Fox University

4 minutes ago, mands said:

I know : ( and it compromises your chances at getting in. At this point, if i don't hear by tuesday (since i'm gonna give them the benefit of the holiday weekend), i'm gonna ask for a refund because at this point it's out of my control and i'm probably just gonna get rejected lol. I can't believe that this actually happens to people. Ugh, it'll work out for both of us. Just a terrible thing to have to deal with on top of waiting.  

Oh I forgot about the holiday weekend for a moment - my bad! Funny because all day at work I told every patient to enjoy the holiday on their way out haha. And yeah, it's definitely annoying to keep waiting, but we just have to keep up hope that we'll be accepted somewhere. It only takes one acceptance to become a PA! 

3 hours ago, mands said:

Sooo, I kind of figured this would happen. I went to the PAEA virtual fair and talked to them about my application. They pulled it up at that time and checked in on whatever they needed. Told me they would evaluate it for the next interview eval date. Then, come that interview eval date, I didn't get a "reject", "waitlist to interview", or "interview". So, I emailed them about like 5 times before I went on to ask other staff members what is happening. The other staff gave me a "I don't know, you gotta ask this person", however I wasn't getting a response. The person I was trying to get ahold of was really gracious and kind in telling me that my app was still "active" for Sept 3. I asked why I didn't get it and apparently my notification was "lost" in the system. They knew this because when I was giving them my CASPA ID, the application couldn't be found (but at the PAEA fair, they found it??)! I question why I would have to wait longer when it's only going to put me at a disadvantage based on the rolling basis and the fact that most of the class is full... I digress, but of course, yesterday rolled around and I didn't hear anything. Unless they are still sending things out at this very moment, I have not heard anything.

Disappointed, but not really shocked. 

I have a feeling them opening my application at PAEA messed something up because I feel like me and one other person really only had this problem. No one else reported anything. It's sad because it feels like a waste of my money to be put at a disadvantage over a mistake that was out of my control.... I have a feeling i'll be rejected based on the fact that i've bothered the whole committee about this whole situation LOL (eye roll, sorry to them). 

Oh dang, I’m sorry! Were you getting the “considered for next interview” emails? I have been getting those, but no interview waitlist number. And nothing today. I thought I would be a competitive applicant here since I’m maxed out in all of their interview points matrix’s categories except volunteering. I emailed them awhile ago to just make sure there were no errors made with my application, but I never heard back 😞

1 minute ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Oh dang, I’m sorry! Were you getting the “considered for next interview” emails? I have been getting those, but no interview waitlist number. And nothing today. I thought I would be a competitive applicant here since I’m maxed out in all of their interview points matrix’s categories except volunteering. I emailed them awhile ago to just make sure there were no errors made with my application, but I never heard back 😞

Interestingly I am in a similar boat as you are- getting "considered for next interview" emails the past few months and nothing today.

52 minutes ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Nope! I was getting none of those emails 😞 literally 0 communication from the school, even with direct emailing.... I also did the matrix and maxed out everything, even volunteering. So I was like, huh?? 

Hm. Maybe this school just isn’t a match for you? Seems like you’d get the opposite effect of what you’re trying to achieve by coming into the forum to complain about this program and threatening to seek a refund.. Even if you have the stats in every category, it’s about personality too. Being obnoxious in the forums and harassing every school is not going to make them want you in their classes.

We all get frustrated in the cycle, but generally best to keep it to yourself, especially when the school is easily able to match an online username and photo to an applicant.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, PKRPA2020 said:

Hm. Maybe this school just isn’t a match for you? Seems like you’d get the opposite effect of what you’re trying to achieve by coming into the forum to complain about this program and threatening to seek a refund.. Even if you have the stats in every category, it’s about personality too. Being obnoxious in the forums and harassing every school is not going to make them want you in their classes.

We all get frustrated in the cycle, but generally best to keep it to yourself, especially when the school is easily able to match an online username and photo to an applicant.

Solid advice to moderate what you say on these forums. However, the way you said it comes off as disrespectful. If you're going to stress someone out by doing something like this at least tag/quote them to show who you're trying to call out 😉 

Also, if a school loses your application they should refund you. They are providing a service. And, if they lose a digital application then they should reimburse you for that service. 

I think that schools should be required to respond to their prospective students in some capacity. We pay them, and they (for all we know) could never even glance at what we send in. SEND ME THE REJECTION I DESERVE lol

• Upvote 3

On 9/5/2020 at 12:56 AM, PKRPA2020 said:

I strongly believe transparency with other people that plan on applying/committing to this school is important. I half hear you, but I half don't. I can tell you I have other people in my DMs that thanked my for coming on this thread because it got them to start questioning WHY their applications weren't processed either. LO AND BEHOLD, they found out that their application was lost too. So, maybe what happened to me is not to YOUR benefit, but it helped others so they could know and check.

Frankly, I don't think asking for a refund is out of boundaries. @htb13a explained it really well (thank you for coming to my defenses when you clearly didn't have to, but i appreciate it so much). PA school applications is a HUGE money pit, and it's undoubtedly a privilege to be able to apply and pay for a seat. Not everyone has a few thousands of dollars to sack into applications, travel, testing, and paying for a seat. I worked in a trauma unit/emergency dept. a few months ago in New York and was homeless living in my car. Considering my bank was wiped clean from having to register for classes, pay back school, apply for PA school, and be alive/safe, I know VERY well the value of a dollar. The money it cost me to apply to this school might not mean a lot to someone who has their life paid for, but for someone like me it's the difference between having a meal & place to sleep. I semi-live with extended family in another state and had to forgo making more money in the medical field (certifications don't work here) to work meager pay in food services. I didn't want to blast my personal information on here, but felt like I need to give you a reality check of what apparently doesn't affect you.    

Also, yeah, I agree it's not all about what's on the paper and its about personality, but frankly you don't even know me. They already said that my application was not evaluated because it was lost, so frankly they don't know me either. I don't harass "every school", but if they promise to give me a decision on a specific date and seem to have given it to everyone else - ANYONE would go chasing that answer. They didn't just "lose" my application on one decision date - They "lost" it on TWO dates. In a rolling basis application, one interview time period could be the difference between getting in and not. 

Honestly, I invite them to match my name and profile. However mands isn't even close to my real name and I don't even have that hair color anymore, lol. Regardless, I'm not scared.

If you hate me SO much just to make a blank account to conceal your identify and post this, lord, lol, I can tell you i'm not the obnoxious one. Your rude/explosive personality would be a greater barrier to becoming a PA, than me being pushy, blunt. This is a forum. Please look up the definition of that. ****People posting about ONLY the good and not the bad is not going to be to anyone's benefit****

I'm sorry to everyone that I spammed and been obnoxious to on this thread. I'm sorry for writing and posting a novel here. 

But Yeah, @ me next time or DM me with a legit account. Don't be shy. I pray god heals what's hurting your soul that caused you to be so rude. I hope you understand better.

Edit: I went back and reflected on what I wrote so I can learn to do better. Once again, i'm sorry everyone else. Nothing I said was demeaning about the program nor did I ever *threaten* a refund. DM me what *really* bothered you to write this with your normal account. I'm not taking this blank, ghost account shadiness from someone who will be a future professional. 

Edited by mands

I have been helping out with the interviews both on site and online and have met a bunch of you guys. Dr Davenport (the program director) has been a close friend of mine for over 20 years.

I have been really impressed with the quality of the folks who made the cut for interviews. 

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:26 PM, mands said:

I strongly believe transparency with other people that plan on applying/committing to this school is important. I half hear you, but I half don't. I can tell you I have other people in my DMs that thanked my for coming on this thread because it got them to start questioning WHY their applications weren't processed either. LO AND BEHOLD, they found out that their application was lost too. So, maybe what happened to me is not to YOUR benefit, but it helped others so they could know and check.

Frankly, I don't think asking for a refund is out of boundaries. @htb13a explained it really well (thank you for coming to my defenses when you clearly didn't have to, but i appreciate it so much). PA school applications is a HUGE money pit, and it's undoubtedly a privilege to be able to apply and pay for a seat. Not everyone has a few thousands of dollars to sack into applications, travel, testing, and paying for a seat. I worked in a trauma unit/emergency dept. a few months ago in New York and was homeless living in my car. Considering my bank was wiped clean from having to register for classes, pay back school, apply for PA school, and be alive/safe, I know VERY well the value of a dollar. The money it cost me to apply to this school might not mean a lot to someone who has their life paid for, but for someone like me it's the difference between having a meal & place to sleep. I semi-live with extended family in another state and had to forgo making more money in the medical field (certifications don't work here) to work meager pay in food services. I didn't want to blast my personal information on here, but felt like I need to give you a reality check of what apparently doesn't affect you.    

Also, yeah, I agree it's not all about what's on the paper and its about personality, but frankly you don't even know me. They already said that my application was not evaluated because it was lost, so frankly they don't know me either. I don't harass "every school", but if they promise to give me a decision on a specific date and seem to have given it to everyone else - ANYONE would go chasing that answer. They didn't just "lose" my application on one decision date - They "lost" it on TWO dates. In a rolling basis application, one interview time period could be the difference between getting in and not. 

Honestly, I invite them to match my name and profile. However mands isn't even close to my real name and I don't even have that hair color anymore, lol. Regardless, I'm not scared.

If you hate me SO much just to make a blank account to conceal your identify and post this, lord, lol, I can tell you i'm not the obnoxious one. Your rude/explosive personality would be a greater barrier to becoming a PA, than me being pushy, blunt. This is a forum. Please look up the definition of that. ****People posting about ONLY the good and not the bad is not going to be to anyone's benefit****

I'm sorry to everyone that I spammed and been obnoxious to on this thread. I'm sorry for writing and posting a novel here. 

But Yeah, @ me next time or DM me with a legit account. Don't be shy. I pray god heals what's hurting your soul that caused you to be so rude. I hope you understand better.

Edit: I went back and reflected on what I wrote so I can learn to do better. Once again, i'm sorry everyone else. Nothing I said was demeaning about the program nor did I ever *threaten* a refund. DM me what *really* bothered you to write this with your normal account. I'm not taking this blank, ghost account shadiness from someone who will be a future professional. 

well said Mands, I thought I was the only one who realized that person created an account just to put comment against you that same day you posted your comment, but you also realized it. People should know better and indulge themselves on issues that directly concern them.

wish all the best on this PA application walk. 

Is there a difference between a waitlist and the application remaining active considered for the next interview? I have gotten the email since July about remaining active for the next interview. Just trying to understand the process that George Fox utilizes - while understanding that they are still new. 🙂

2 hours ago, AjeBaje said:

Does anyone know what number they have called in for interview after been put a waitlist? Has waitlist number 10-15 candidate have been called/emailed yet for interview?

I’ve gotten a number on the waitlist, but I don’t have high hopes of getting off the lists because I’ve been on it since July. 

1 minute ago, Katnhi said:

Nothing on my end either, I was thinking today would be the day. Maybe they are super impacted with the fires 😞

Very true! Newberg hasn’t been hit other than by the air quality and smoke, though the faculty could live elsewhere! It’s crazy out here — we were staying with my partner’s family when it happened and had to evacuate their property near Estacada, hoping it is still standing. Was pitch black at noon and raining ash. This year has certainly been a rough one! 

1 minute ago, PAOneDayAbby said:

Very true! Newberg hasn’t been hit other than by the air quality and smoke, though the faculty could live elsewhere! It’s crazy out here — we were staying with my partner’s family when it happened and had to evacuate their property near Estacada, hoping it is still standing. Was pitch black at noon and raining ash. This year has certainly been a rough one! 

I hope you are doing okay ! The fires this year are out of control. It looks really bad, like a sky of orange with ash. Everyone that lives in Oregon praying for you guys. 

• Like 2