George Fox University

Guest mands

So today is the day that we're supposed to hear about more decisions according to the email from Cristina?!

I don't know if I like this model of releasing the decision day because it's now taking me out a whole day, LOL!

11 minutes ago, mands said:

So today is the day that we're supposed to hear about more decisions according to the email from Cristina?!

I don't know if I like this model of releasing the decision day because it's now taking me out a whole day, LOL!

Girl, I am feeling the same way! They went out later in the day last time and I have packed my day with volunteer tasks so I don't keep refreshing my email! Its 86 here and I'm going out to build a fence for 3 dogs who live exclusively on chains outside, send no-sunburn vibes my way! 

Good luck today everyone!!! 

• Like 3

Guest mands
1 hour ago, PAOneDayAbby said:

Girl, I am feeling the same way! They went out later in the day last time and I have packed my day with volunteer tasks so I don't keep refreshing my email! Its 86 here and I'm going out to build a fence for 3 dogs who live exclusively on chains outside, send no-sunburn vibes my way! 

Good luck today everyone!!! 

awh I love it! yes, no sunburn because no skin cancer!! 🤩..I do stan a cute sunburnt nose sometimes myself LOL

i'm mostly refreshing the page here to see  the responses when they come in! 

Guest mands
8 minutes ago, tadius97 said:

Anyone heard anything yet??

nope! it doesn't help that it's raining like a madman outside, so all I have to do is refresh my email LOL!

Guest mands
2 hours ago, leasimer said:

On the waitlist for Aug 29th. I assume the August 9th interview date waitlist is still active though? 

I still have nothing in my email, lol anyone on the same page?

edit: I noticed the last time they emailed me was at like 11pm central time. I need to chill

Edited by mands
antsy for no reason

Hey all! Got my third “we’ll consider you for the next interview” email. Curious about people’s stats? Any thoughts on what this program is looking for?

My undergrad gpa isn’t great, but since then I’ve taken all my prerequisites and have a 3.9 in those plus over 10,000 hours of patient care experience. Plus I have some unique personal experiences with medicine/life in general (I’m almost 30). I guess just feeling surprised I’m not even making a wait list and trying not to get discouraged. I love the PNW and feel strongly about going to PA school and ultimately practicing here. Any insight/thoughts appreciated! Thanks 🙂 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by catchmeoutside
was feeling exasperated when i wrote earlier lol

Hey all! Got my third “we’ll consider you for the next interview” email. Curious about people’s stats? Any thoughts on what this program is looking for?

My undergrad gpa isn’t great, but since then I’ve taken all my prerequisites and have a 3.9 in those plus over 10,000 hours of patient care experience. Plus I have some unique personal experiences with medicine/life in general (I’m almost 30). I guess just feeling surprised I’m not even making a wait list for a program that’s not fully accredited yet. Trying not to get discouraged. I love the PNW and feel strongly about going to PA school and ultimately practicing here. Any insight/thoughts appreciated! Thanks :)

Look at page 33 and 34 of the PA student handbook. They have a point system out of 100 points that determines your likeliness to get an interview.

Guest mands
6 minutes ago, Sabreenak said:

Did everyone receive an email from the program? I still haven’t received anything 

It's odd because when I went on the PAEA fair, Cristina said that I would receive my email on August 4, but the website said August 3. So, when I didn't get it yesterday, I just assumed that she was right and I would just have to wait until today! I will say, I did get an email at like 10pm central time so decisions could run late?

But yea, nothing yet.

1 hour ago, mands said:

It's odd because when I went on the PAEA fair, Cristina said that I would receive my email on August 4, but the website said August 3. So, when I didn't get it yesterday, I just assumed that she was right and I would just have to wait until today! I will say, I did get an email at like 10pm central time so decisions could run late?

But yea, nothing yet.

Thank you for responding. I was getting a bit worried. Hopefully we hear something today 

Guest mands
1 hour ago, Sabreenak said:

Thank you for responding. I was getting a bit worried. Hopefully we hear something today 

right?? hopefully! I was so confused because so far it's all been continued waitlist or waitlist notifications. No one has gotten rejected or accepted for interview? i'll give it another 40 minutes before I call the waiting period of today over! 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, catchmeoutside said:

My undergrad gpa isn’t great, but since then I’ve taken all my prerequisites and have a 3.9 in those plus over 10,000 hours of patient care experience. Plus I have some unique personal experiences with medicine/life in general (I’m almost 30). I guess just feeling surprised I’m not even making a wait list and trying not to get discouraged. I love the PNW and feel strongly about going to PA school and ultimately practicing here. Any insight/thoughts appreciated! Thanks 🙂 

Hello!

I understand feeling frustrated about stats and exactly what programs are looking for. I typically don't post stats because schools often look for unique experiences that are bonuses for them but GF does lay out their pre-screening matrix point system when it comes to stats. I interviewed and was admitted with the first round of interviews; here is an estimate for you to get an idea ~ 3.5 cumulative GPA, 4.0 science aptitude GPA,  volunteer ~ 1000, PCE ~ 3500. That being said, once at an interview, everyone will likely have pretty close points and from there you just need to be yourself and show them who you are and why you're a good fit for their program!

• Like 1

Guest mands
8 minutes ago, PAbehavior said:

Congrats!!!

YES YES YESSSS!!!! 🤩

I sent an email to cristina just now! hopefully it'll be "we're just swamped with applications, give us a few more days" !