George Fox University

7 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

would if I could. I just interview the folks that get approved through their initial screening process, sorry. 

WOW. Why am I browsing these forums if not to get unfair benefits to my application process?? Can’t believe this 😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to the first group of interviewees! I was wondering if you have any insight on what additional precautions were taken on the day of the interview. Did everyone wear masks, etc.? 

I'm coming in from a different state, so I am just hoping to get a bit more info about what to pack/expect. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Good luck to all! 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lili27 said:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to the first group of interviewees! I was wondering if you have any insight on what additional precautions were taken on the day of the interview. Did everyone wear masks, etc.? 

I'm coming in from a different state, so I am just hoping to get a bit more info about what to pack/expect. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Good luck to all! 🙂

Hello!

They provided masks for those who wanted to use them and took precautions. 

It was the most relaxed interview I’ve done - they really shoot to get to know you and make you feel comfortable. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarahjane said:

Hello!

They provided masks for those who wanted to use them and took precautions. 

It was the most relaxed interview I’ve done - they really shoot to get to know you and make you feel comfortable. 

Best of luck! 

Thanks so much for this! I am definitely excited. Good luck to you as well! 🙂

I just got a phone call from Dr. Davenport and the rest of the faculty, I got accepted!!! 🥳 I am beyond excited to join this amazing program! The faculty are all incredibly knowledgeable and friendly! Best of luck to all who have interviewed and to those about to interview! 

• Like 5

Anyone else concerned with the increases in COVID 19 that the school is having people travel to the facility for an interview? Although Oregon may not have a high number of cases many people traveling from other locations with a high number of cases can bring it in. Not to mention the risk of traveling in airports.  I wonder if the school is going to reconsider interviews on line as most others schools are doing as the cases continue to increase.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PA95050 said:

Anyone else concerned with the increases in COVID 19 that the school is having people travel to the facility for an interview? Although Oregon may not have a high number of cases many people traveling from other locations with a high number of cases can bring it in. Not to mention the risk of traveling in airports.  I wonder if the school is going to reconsider interviews on line as most others schools are doing as the cases continue to increase.

Online interviews are preferable for me at this point. I’m working with COVID pts in CA.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:32 AM, PA95050 said:

The faculty are all very kind and accommodating. I’m sure that if anyone feels uncomfortable with traveling, they would figure something out! If you get an interview and feel that traveling won’t work for you/your situation just contact Cristina! 

On 6/23/2020 at 5:58 PM, PAOneDayAbby said:

That is awesome! I have wondered who exactly interviews-- whether it is outside PAs/healthcare workers or just faculty!

I can only speak for the interview session on June 29th in the morning, but our interviewees consisted of the faculty/staff for the program as well as the director of the PT program. Each interviewee was given a “buddy” to help bring you to your next station. The buddies were students and alumni from the doctorate of PT program. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 2