George Fox University

I have an interview on Monday!  I am super excited and nervous at the same time.  Who else will be interviewing Monday August 10th?  My husband and I will be heading to Newberg on Sunday from Washington State, so if anyone would like to meet up, I would love to get together, if allowed of course.

I have an interview on Monday!  I am super excited and nervous at the same time.  Who else will be interviewing Monday August 10th?  My husband and I will be heading to Newberg on Sunday from Washington State, so if anyone would like to meet up, I would love to get together, if allowed of course.

I’m interviewing Monday!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Chiyoko said:

I just got a phone call from Dr. Davenport and the rest of the faculty, I got accepted!!! 🥳 I am beyond excited to join this amazing program! The faculty are all incredibly knowledgeable and friendly! Best of luck to all who have interviewed and to those about to interview! 

Did they tell you at the end of your interview day that they would specifically tell everyone via email on a certain day? Or did they tell you they would let you know within a certain time frame? I interviewed two weeks ago and they said they would notify everyone of their decision on a specific date via email. Just trying to gauge if they only notify people by email if it’s a rejection or not.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, SMR123 said:

Did they tell you at the end of your interview day that they would specifically tell everyone via email on a certain day? Or did they tell you they would let you know within a certain time frame? I interviewed two weeks ago and they said they would notify everyone of their decision on a specific date via email. Just trying to gauge if they only notify people by email if it’s a rejection or not.

It seems to vary! Some people were called pretty soon after their interview and others received a call a week or two later. They also mention that they consider some along with the next set of interviewees. Hang in there!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sarahjane said:

It seems to vary! Some people were called pretty soon after their interview and others received a call a week or two later. They also mention that they consider some along with the next set of interviewees. Hang in there!

Thank you for the info! Fingers crossed!

14 minutes ago, weeitsvi said:

Did anyone who interviewed on 8/10 hear anything yet? I thought today was the know-by date.

I interviewed in the morning on 8/10 and have not heard anything yet. I'm not sure which group you were in (morning or afternoon) but they told the us in the morning group that we will be emailed our decision specifically on 8/24. When they emailed me about my interview on 7/20 I didn't get it until about 7 pm EST so maybe they'll send the emails out within the next few hours.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, AVDPrePA said:

I have an interview on 8/29 in person and I am so excited/nervous! Who else is interviewing that day? If anyone who has interviewed has any tips they would like to share, it would be much appreciated 🙂

Hey! Congrats! What time is your interview on 8/29? 
I have an interview too, but mine states it’s via Zoom! Want to make sure I’m not wrong! 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, SFPrepa said:

Good luck to everyone I’m really excited for this program! Has anyone else received an email that their application is remaining active for the next interview date? I’ve received it twice looks like sept 29th is the next one! Praying this is a good sign 🙂

Yes and the review date will be sept. 3rd according to the email I have with Cristina 🙂

1 minute ago, HMcConney said:

Just got an invite! To say I am excited would be an understatement... 😊

Congrats to everyone today!! ahh!!!

Update on my situation if anyone else maybe in the same boat: They ended up losing my application or something the last evaluation date, I send a bunch of emails with no response... I recognize they are busy, but was told I would get an answer yesterday. Haven't heard anything... Hoping I get some answer soon :// 

4 minutes ago, mands said:

Congrats to everyone today!! ahh!!!

Update on my situation if anyone else maybe in the same boat: They ended up losing my application or something the last evaluation date, I send a bunch of emails with no response... I recognize they are busy, but was told I would get an answer yesterday. Haven't heard anything... Hoping I get some answer soon :// 

Oh wow. How did you find out that they lost it?

Just now, Set83 said:

Oh wow. How did you find out that they lost it?

Sooo, I kind of figured this would happen. I went to the PAEA virtual fair and talked to them about my application. They pulled it up at that time and checked in on whatever they needed. Told me they would evaluate it for the next interview eval date. Then, come that interview eval date, I didn't get a "reject", "waitlist to interview", or "interview". So, I emailed them about like 5 times before I went on to ask other staff members what is happening. The other staff gave me a "I don't know, you gotta ask this person", however I wasn't getting a response. The person I was trying to get ahold of was really gracious and kind in telling me that my app was still "active" for Sept 3. I asked why I didn't get it and apparently my notification was "lost" in the system. They knew this because when I was giving them my CASPA ID, the application couldn't be found (but at the PAEA fair, they found it??)! I question why I would have to wait longer when it's only going to put me at a disadvantage based on the rolling basis and the fact that most of the class is full... I digress, but of course, yesterday rolled around and I didn't hear anything. Unless they are still sending things out at this very moment, I have not heard anything.

Disappointed, but not really shocked. 

I have a feeling them opening my application at PAEA messed something up because I feel like me and one other person really only had this problem. No one else reported anything. It's sad because it feels like a waste of my money to be put at a disadvantage over a mistake that was out of my control.... I have a feeling i'll be rejected based on the fact that i've bothered the whole committee about this whole situation LOL (eye roll, sorry to them). 

8 minutes ago, mands said:

Sooo, I kind of figured this would happen. I went to the PAEA virtual fair and talked to them about my application. They pulled it up at that time and checked in on whatever they needed. Told me they would evaluate it for the next interview eval date. Then, come that interview eval date, I didn't get a "reject", "waitlist to interview", or "interview". So, I emailed them about like 5 times before I went on to ask other staff members what is happening. The other staff gave me a "I don't know, you gotta ask this person", however I wasn't getting a response. The person I was trying to get ahold of was really gracious and kind in telling me that my app was still "active" for Sept 3. I asked why I didn't get it and apparently my notification was "lost" in the system. They knew this because when I was giving them my CASPA ID, the application couldn't be found (but at the PAEA fair, they found it??)! I question why I would have to wait longer when it's only going to put me at a disadvantage based on the rolling basis and the fact that most of the class is full... I digress, but of course, yesterday rolled around and I didn't hear anything. Unless they are still sending things out at this very moment, I have not heard anything.

Disappointed, but not really shocked. 

I have a feeling them opening my application at PAEA messed something up because I feel like me and one other person really only had this problem. No one else reported anything. It's sad because it feels like a waste of my money to be put at a disadvantage over a mistake that was out of my control.... I have a feeling i'll be rejected based on the fact that i've bothered the whole committee about this whole situation LOL (eye roll, sorry to them). 

I actually had something similar happen at a completely different program, and its awful that the schools never really admit they're the ones who made a mistake. I just asked about this because I haven't heard back yet either for the Sept. 3rd announcements so I guess if I don't hear by Monday I'll email them. I'm sorry you're having such trouble though! Hopefully it'll all work out. 

5 minutes ago, Set83 said:

I actually had something similar happen at a completely different program, and its awful that the schools never really admit they're the ones who made a mistake. I just asked about this because I haven't heard back yet either for the Sept. 3rd announcements so I guess if I don't hear by Monday I'll email them. I'm sorry you're having such trouble though! Hopefully it'll all work out. 

I know : ( and it compromises your chances at getting in. At this point, if i don't hear by tuesday (since i'm gonna give them the benefit of the holiday weekend), i'm gonna ask for a refund because at this point it's out of my control and i'm probably just gonna get rejected lol. I can't believe that this actually happens to people. Ugh, it'll work out for both of us. Just a terrible thing to have to deal with on top of waiting.