2 minutes ago, MoonHolica said:

Hello guys,

Has anyone else still not heard back? I got an email saying that I passed the initial screening in June and still haven't heard anything... I am wondering if any of you already contacted school for that?

I can’t speak to this situation specifically, but my general experience with applying to programs last year is that if you haven’t heard back yet then they’re still working on it. These forums can give you a false sense of feeling “left behind” because you see people posting about interviews, when the reality is there’s hundreds of other applicants out there still waiting to hear back too. I would advise to be patient, as tough as that is. They probably get bombarded with inquiries already from other anxious candidates. Hang in there 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MoonHolica said:

Hello guys,

Has anyone else still not heard back? I got an email saying that I passed the initial screening in June and still haven't heard anything... I am wondering if any of you already contacted school for that?

I second what @alysd said.  I applied and passed initial screening back in May and just barely interviewed, so they don't necessarily invite you in the order you applied.  If you really want to reach out to them, you can do that, but I'm sure they'll just tell you that they're still working on it.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, maddielyman said:

Got the email earlier this afternoon saying that I was retained for the competitive applicant pool! Now I get to do more waiting! I’m willing to answer any questions as much as I can and I’ll also hype anyone up who’s doubting themselves! We can do this ❤️

Congratulations! I have an interview with them soon and I am pretty nervous! Were there any questions in the panel interview that threw you off or surprised you? 

13 hours ago, lyudabab said:

Congratulations! I have an interview with them soon and I am pretty nervous! Were there any questions in the panel interview that threw you off or surprised you? 

No, it was all pretty straight forward questions.  They're just trying to get to know more about you and your personality.  The only question that threw me off was because it was a question I had already come up with an answer to, but they wanted something a little different so I had to talk about an experience I hadn't reflected on very much before then.  Just be flexible and be confident in you and your life story.  Know the experiences that have led you up to this point, both good at bad, so that you can show them that you will be a great addition to their class.  Good luck!

For anyone who hasn't heard back yet, I applied to this program in particular a little later on in the cycle and I just received an email the other day that said something about completing review of applications on 8/15. The exact verbiage was:

"Our admission team has reviewed your application and found that you have satisfied our initial screening criteria. Your application will be evaluated by the admissions committee for progression in the admission process. In order to make sure we evaluate each applicant appropriately it may take several days for your application to progress from this point. This step in the application process will be complete by August 15, 2020, however you may be notified sooner regarding your application status. We will contact you once this step in the evaluation is complete."

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kneuendorff said:

For anyone who has not yet heard back, I received an email that said they extended their deadline for decisions on interviews until the 22

Are you talking about their overall decision for the class of 45 seats has been moved to September 22nd over September 15th? 

3 minutes ago, LDchick said:

Are you talking about their overall decision for the class of 45 seats has been moved to September 22nd over September 15th? 

No the decision on whether or not you will get an interview. Initially the deadline for that decision was August 15 now they need one more week to finish reviewing applications 

5 minutes ago, kneuendorff said:

No the decision on whether or not you will get an interview. Initially the deadline for that decision was August 15 now they need one more week to finish reviewing applications 

Oh! That makes more sense, thank you. I was freaking out, can't wait another day longer. Been waiting since June and its been killing me slowly haha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kneuendorff said:

I'm confused by this. In their emails, website, and virtual info sessions, UOP specified that: 

1. CASPA deadline: August 1, 2020
  2. Interviews time frame: May 2020 - First week of September (if granted interview, applicant will know if they've been retained or not)
  3. Final selection of retained interviewees: No later than September 15, 2020

So are you saying that the interview time frame has shifted to September 22 latest and final selections will be around last week of September? 

1 hour ago, thehopefulprepa said:

I'm confused by this. In their emails, website, and virtual info sessions, UOP specified that: 

2. Interviews time frame: May 2020 - First week of September (if granted interview, applicant will know if they've been retained or not)

So are you saying that the interview time frame has shifted to September 22 latest and final selections will be around last week of September? 

I think they mean the interview time frame has been extended. So interviewees can be informed whether they get an interview until August 21 or something like that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thehopefulprepa said:

She is saying that normally UOP will tell applicants if they get an interview by August 15 but this cycle they extended it until August 22. The Caspa deadline, interview time frame, and date of finally selection of September 15 is all the same. They just gave another week to look over all the applicants and decide who they want to give interviews to.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LDchick said:

She is saying that normally UOP will tell applicants if they get an interview by August 15 but this cycle they extended it until August 22. The Caspa deadline, interview time frame, and date of finally selection of September 15 is all the same. They just gave another week to look over all the applicants and decide who they want to give interviews to.

Exactly! 

Alright y'all, I just received my invitation for interview today and I am SO STOKED! I am scheduled for Wednesday, 9/2.

That being said, this is my first year applying and the first interview I'll have. For those of you who have already interviewed, I would love any and all advice you can provide me, I'm so nervous! Any specific topics I should really focus on for interviews? How was the group interview? Did it seem like a more relaxed setting or were the interviews pretty formal? Thanks in advance!

Edited by desireevarsha
  • Like 3

On 8/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, lyudabab said:

I think they mean the interview time frame has been extended. So interviewees can be informed whether they get an interview until August 21 or something like that. 

On 8/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, LDchick said:

Thanks for the clarification. Someone mentioned the words "September 22" and then the  dates/months of August and September got messed up in my head. Thanks for the help! Good luck to us all.

Alright y'all, I just received my invitation for interview today and I am SO STOKED! I am scheduled for Wednesday, 9/2.
That being said, this is my first year applying and the first interview I'll have. For those of you who have already interviewed, I would love any and all advise you can provide me, I'm so nervous! Any specific topics I should really focus on for interviews? How was the group interview? Did it seem like a more relaxed setting or were the interviews pretty formal? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!! When did you submit your application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk