10 hours ago, desireevarsha said:

Alright y'all, I just received my invitation for interview today and I am SO STOKED! I am scheduled for Wednesday, 9/2.

That being said, this is my first year applying and the first interview I'll have. For those of you who have already interviewed, I would love any and all advise you can provide me, I'm so nervous! Any specific topics I should really focus on for interviews? How was the group interview? Did it seem like a more relaxed setting or were the interviews pretty formal? Thanks in advance!

I'll give as good of advice as I can without giving anything away.  The group interview is pretty laid back and the panel interviewers are all really nice.  My best advice after interviewing is really to just know yourself well and be confident in you.  Know your experiences, your application, and why you're so passionate about becoming a PA.  The questions are all pretty typical interview questions, they're not looking to trick you or catch you up, they really just want to get to know you.  And don't super stress out like I did!  I know that's hard to do, but there's no need for it.  They're interviewing you because you are very qualified and WILL make a great PA, they just want to make sure you'll meld well with the rest of the class they're building.  And shortly before my interview I saw someone say "Don't tell yourself you're nervous, tell yourself that you're excited" and it helped me at least a little bit.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maddielyman said:

I'll give as good of advice as I can without giving anything away.  The group interview is pretty laid back and the panel interviewers are all really nice.  My best advice after interviewing is really to just know yourself well and be confident in you.  Know your experiences, your application, and why you're so passionate about becoming a PA.  The questions are all pretty typical interview questions, they're not looking to trick you or catch you up, they really just want to get to know you.  And don't super stress out like I did!  I know that's hard to do, but there's no need for it.  They're interviewing you because you are very qualified and WILL make a great PA, they just want to make sure you'll meld well with the rest of the class they're building.  And shortly before my interview I saw someone say "Don't tell yourself you're nervous, tell yourself that you're excited" and it helped me at least a little bit.  

Your optimism has been so encouraging to read through on this thread and I just wanted to thank you for that. I will be interviewing tomorrow and have been fighting excess stress since I have not had to interview over zoom before. Thank you again and fingers crossed for us all 🙂

Also, if anyone else is interviewing tomorrow, I look so forward to meeting you ^_^

• Like 3

14 hours ago, maddielyman said:

This makes me feel SO much better. Your optimism is exactly what we need and is so encouraging! I will keep this in mind going into it. I know what you mean though, it is hard not to stress but I think going into it with a positive mindset is the best we can do. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you knocked your interview out of the park! We got this!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lesliep143 said:

Congratulations!! When did you submit your application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! 

I submitted my app for this school in particular via CASPA on 07/13 and completed the supplemental on 07/15. I received the interview email invite 08/17!

Just received an email earlier today inviting me to interview on 9/3. Super excited since it's my first time applying but so nerve wracking. I will say that reading through everyone's experiences in this forum has helped alleviate some of my stress and worry. Good luck to everyone !!! Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sallytff said:

Did anybody receive a rejection letter the day after their interview? I want to know if this is normal? Or did I do something outrageously wrong during the interview.

This is normal. They send out a wave of emails a couple days after each interview group stating whether the applicant is rejected or placed in the competitive candidate pool. 

Hello! I am new to this blog. This is the first school I applied to and after verification of CASPA and an email that my application was received, I was rejected the next day? I have been wondering as to what I had missed in the admission criteria. Could it be because I took a biostatistics class instead of statistics? I also did not send my GRE in, but did post unofficial scores on the CASPA.  

39 minutes ago, christinaberan said:

Hello! I am new to this blog. This is the first school I applied to and after verification of CASPA and an email that my application was received, I was rejected the next day? I have been wondering as to what I had missed in the admission criteria. Could it be because I took a biostatistics class instead of statistics? I also did not send my GRE in, but did post unofficial scores on the CASPA.  

Hello, I am sorry about your rejection but keep your head up and keep trying! You would have to ask the school specifically if it was a course or something like GPA but sometimes they are busy and do not respond. UOP does not require GRE. From what I know about this school their screening process is a very detailed and compare all applicants that year so if GPA for applicants is high and yours is lower, you could get screened out fast. I wish you the best of luck with the other schools you applied to! Message me if you want 🙂

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Just so you know, they said that the decisions for the upcoming class should be made by no later than September 15. They are waiting until all applicants have interviewed before making the final selection of the competitive pool of applicants. I believe the last interview date is tomorrow, 9/3. Hope this helps clear up any confusion!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LDchick said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Should we start a facebook page?!

Also did anyone happen to ask if we are going online or in person? I literally blacked out and did not ask any of my questions lol thanks!

Yes absolutely we should, or a GroupMe chat, that works well too. But whatever everyone else prefers!

Haha no I didn't but I wish I did. But me too, my heart was racing for the entire conversation! 

• Like 1