• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, Galganskimm said:

Submitted CASPA 5/9, verified 5/11! 
I got an confirmation email from UOP 5/11!  

Edit: received a rejection letter via email 5/13, GOOD LUCK to everyone still in the running! ❤️

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, did they give you any reason for rejection?

On 5/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, Galganmm said:

I emailed UOP asking for feedback and they told me my GPA was to low in comparison to the applicant pool! I was so thankful for that feedback because most schools won’t even get back with you! With that being said, I don’t know if they even looked at other portions of my application? Even though I don’t really believe in comparing yourself to others, I will share my GPA’s with everyone so maybe it can save someone some cash!

cGPA 3.27
sGPA 3.33
Last 60 GPA 3.79

Good luck everyone!!

Oh whoa.. can't believe they made a decision that fast. I have similar GPA as you but my last 60 GPA is not as good. 😔 Do you mind sharing your PCE/HCE/volunteer hours? 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, Galganmm said:

Submitted CASPA 5/9, verified 5/11! 
I got an confirmation email from UOP 5/11!  

Edit: received a rejection letter via email 5/13, GOOD LUCK to everyone still in the running! ❤️

Did you get an email from them saying that you passed the initial screening and were going to the next? Good luck to you !

Has anyone been offered an interview? In previous years, I know it wasn't uncommon for applicants to be offered an interview soon after submitting. It also states they conduct interviews from May to September. Though I suppose COVID might have messed with their timeline.

Hi everyone! California applicant here. I am so excited to finally be writing in this forum! I submitted my application 5/12 and verified on 5/13.

Just received an email that I passed initial screening and now I am under review! SO so excited. This is one of my top programs. Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Reuvan said:

Has anyone been offered an interview? In previous years, I know it wasn't uncommon for applicants to be offered an interview soon after submitting. It also states they conduct interviews from May to September. Though I suppose COVID might have messed with their timeline.

Hi ! I saw in an interview video(from a month ago)  that they start the interviews/invites within three weeks of CASPA opening. So hopefully sometime this week, or after Memorial Day weekend!

Edited by nm390
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, LDchick said:

Hi everyone! California applicant here. I am so excited to finally be writing in this forum! I submitted my application 5/12 and verified on 5/13.

Just received an email that I passed initial screening and now I am under review! SO so excited. This is one of my top programs. Good luck everyone!

So after the first application received and under review you will get another email if you pass this review and move on to another? First time applying just a little confused.

12 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

So after the first application received and under review you will get another email if you pass this review and move on to another? First time applying just a little confused.

I’m a first time applicant as well but it’s my understanding that after you pass the initial screening you’ll receive an email if you get an interview and move on or get rejected. 

41 minutes ago, LDchick said:

I’m a first time applicant as well but it’s my understanding that after you pass the initial screening you’ll receive an email if you get an interview and move on or get rejected. 

12 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

You’ll receive several emails :

1) verification 

2) if you passed initial screening or not

3) if you have been selected for interview or rejected

4) if after your interview they want to reject you or progress further

hope this helps!

Edited by nm390
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, nm390 said:

1) verification 

hope this helps!

Awesome! Thank you this helps. Has anyone received an interview yet? I’m going crazy refreshing my email lol 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, nm390 said:

1) verification 

hope this helps!

How would you know if you "passed the initial screening or not"? I have been verified but I'm sure about what you mean by #2.

Also, do you think that we need to have the CASPer test taken before they send us any interviews?

2 hours ago, sk6699 said:

How would you know if you "passed the initial screening or not"? I have been verified but I'm sure about what you mean by #2.

Also, do you think that we need to have the CASPer test taken before they send us any interviews?

You’ll receive an email saying you passed the initial screening and are moving onto the review committee. As for the Casper I think you only have to take it if you’re invited to interview.  🙂 

Edited by nm390

20 minutes ago, michyy said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Ya of course!

I have a 3.7 overall GPA with a 3.6 science; degree in cellular and molecular biology so I've taken all the courses in chemistry, biochemistry, and lots of upper division biology

Around 3000 hours of PCE as a medical scribe in the Central Valley and became chief scribe as well (they like leadership; UOP also takes preference to Central Valley candidates)

I have around 1200 hours of volunteering with around 200 hours of shadowing PA and 200 hours shadowing MD. I also have around 300 hours of research.

I submitted my application on 5/12, was verified 5/13, and passed UOP initial screening 5/20.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maddielyman said:

Because of COVID, is it an online interview or are they still doing in-person?

They are still doing in person interviews but you have to fill out a questionnaire about any symptoms you have and if you have been around COVID patients. They also stated that they are going to do precautions like hand sanitizer, mask on interviewers, and fever check. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crindl14 said:

wow, I'm new to this forum and it is kind of intimidating. Your stats are so good! I sent my application 5/14 and passed the initial screening so it sounds like I will find out soon.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you! Sometimes this forum gets intimidating. Its hard not to compare ourselves to others but we got to remember that we are all special and have unique things to offer! Good luck

Edited by LDchick
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LDchick said:

Thank you! Sometimes this forum gets intimidating. Its hard not to compare ourselves to others but we got to remember that we are all special and have unique things to offer! Good luck

Wow your smart and nice! haha Thank you and good luck interviewing!!

• Upvote 1