56 minutes ago, Soontobepagirl said:

Just finished my panel and group interviews! Waiting for the Q&A to start now. Overall, I had a great experience during this interview. I felt that both parts were pretty relaxed especially the group interview. The faculty did not ask trick questions, and I truly believe they just want to know who we are to see if we are a good fit. The group interview was about 2 hours and it was great to meet the other applicants! I like this program a lot. Future interviewers: try not to stress about it, be yourself, and have fun with it! 🙂  We’ll see what kind of feedback I get within the next couple days!

Good luck!! 🙂 
Thank you for the insight!

On 6/26/2020 at 6:23 PM, Soontobepagirl said:

This morning I found out that UOP placed me in the candidate pool and I will hear back in September about final decisions! I’m so excited!

YAY congrats! I got placed in the candidate pool 2 weeks ago too so maybe we will be classmates! I just want it to be September already lol. The waiting is killing me! We are in this together now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LDchick said:

YAY congrats! I got placed in the candidate pool 2 weeks ago too so maybe we will be classmates! I just want it to be September already lol. The waiting is killing me! We are in this together now.

Hi congrats!! Do you have any advice regarding your interview experience? I'm wondering how its all going to work through zoom... Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

On 6/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, Soontobepagirl said:

Just finished my panel and group interviews! Waiting for the Q&A to start now. Overall, I had a great experience during this interview. I felt that both parts were pretty relaxed especially the group interview. The faculty did not ask trick questions, and I truly believe they just want to know who we are to see if we are a good fit. The group interview was about 2 hours and it was great to meet the other applicants! I like this program a lot. Future interviewees: try not to stress about it, be yourself, and have fun with it! 🙂  We’ll see what kind of feedback I get within the next couple days!

Congrats !!This is great to hear!! How was the dynamic with meeting other students and having the group interview through zoom? Any advice for us on how to prepare other than the normal interview prep stuff?

30 minutes ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hi congrats!! Do you have any advice regarding your interview experience? I'm wondering how its all going to work through zoom... Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Honestly I would just be yourself. I know that’s so cliche but they really want to get to know you. We aren’t allowed to say a whole lot but the group is just interacting with peers which was my favorite part so be friendly. Then the panel was just them getting to know you, so know yourself! Being on zoom didn’t seem to ruin anything. Only hard part is your have less time to show them who you are so try to use your personality in the stories or examples you tell 🙂 the faculty is great! Try and relax!

5 hours ago, rc2300 said:

Did anyone pass the initial screening in early June but never heard from them again?

Yes, me! So stressful waiting I feel like people who applied way after me have gotten interview so I don't know how their review process works, I didn't get totally rejected so maybe we are somewhere in the middle? I submitted 5/25

• Like 1

Have been super busy getting all my apps and secondaries out and getting my GRE done but just wanted to post my timeline for anyone thats interested. 

1) Submitted, verified and received verification from UOP on 5/26/20

2) Passed initial screening on 6/4/20

3) Invited for an interview on 6/8/20 (interview date was for 6/24/20 and they did not offer any other dates)

4) Rejected on 6/26/20 (2 days post interview)

I appreciate the quick turnaround time for the rejection and not making me wait too long. I would say I have above average stats but unfortunately I did not have much time to interview prep as I had taken my GRE on 6/19/20 and I was solely focusing on studying for my GRE before that. Good luck to everyone on their journey, dont stress out too much about the interview and as everyone else has said, just be yourself. They dont throw any trick questions and really just want to get to know you. I will update this post with my stats for future applicants if I get into a program this cycle. 

Edited by hopefulcaliPA6214

12 hours ago, hopefulcaliPA6214 said:

Have been super busy getting all my apps and secondaries out and getting my GRE done but just wanted to post my timeline for anyone thats interested. 

1) Submitted, verified and received verification from UOP on 5/26/20

2) Passed initial screening on 6/4/20

3) Invited for an interview on 6/8/20 (interview date was for 6/24/20 and they did not offer any other dates)

4) Rejected on 6/26/20 (2 days post interview)

I appreciate the quick turnaround time for the rejection and not making me wait too long. I would say I have above average stats but unfortunately I did not have much time to interview prep as I had taken my GRE on 6/19/20 and I was solely focusing on studying for my GRE before that. Good luck to everyone on their journey, dont stress out too much about the interview and as everyone else has said, just be yourself. They dont throw any trick questions and really just want to get to know you. I will update this post with my stats for future applicants if I get into a program this cycle. 

Hi, do you mind if i PM you to ask a few questions?

23 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Congrats !!This is great to hear!! How was the dynamic with meeting other students and having the group interview through zoom? Any advice for us on how to prepare other than the normal interview prep stuff?

I totally agree with what LDchick said. The panel interview is pretty short, they don’t ask you anything unexpected, and they want to see what you have to say about your academic and professional experiences. The group interview is much longer and is solely you and your group members discussing things as a team! Zoom didn’t interrupt anything for me. Seriously be yourself and try not to let the thought of an interview intimidate you 🙂