9 hours ago, prepa911 said:

Is our application considered holistically after we interview or is whether or not we are placed into the competitive applicant pool solely based on how we did during the interview?

I think it's a primarily based on the interview because if you are interviewing you are a competitive applicant with good stats. The interview will show if you fit well with their program or not.

3 hours ago, nkhan2 said:

Hello Everyone

Is it worth it applying this late in cycle for this school? Honest opinions please! 

If I am understanding correctly... UOP does not participate in rolling admissions. So as long as your application is complete and verified to UOP's and CASPA's standards, respectively, prior to the deadline, it does not matter if you consider July to be "late in [the] cycle". 

TLDR: Apply if you can make their deadline. If you do, everyone has an equal chance of being interviewed and receiving a spot. 

^ May I ask for you stats? You can pm me if you like

CASPA Submitted July 2nd

Caspa Verified July 2nd

Confirmed received by UOP at July 6th. 

I thought they would take to review apps since they are supposedly non-rolling but the fact that they are so quick is even more nerve wracking. *Fingers Crossed*

Next step is to worry about the interview I guess. How much notice do they give you? I've been mainly working on my apps so I'm not prepared for any interview at this moment. 

1 hour ago, Christine616 said:

CASPA Submitted July 2nd

Caspa Verified July 2nd

I thought they would take to review apps since they are supposedly non-rolling but the fact that they are so quick is even more nerve wracking. *Fingers Crossed*

Next step is to worry about the interview I guess. How much notice do they give you? I've been mainly working on my apps so I'm not prepared for any interview at this moment. 

I feel like they have been quick for some people but I submitted may 25, Got my “initial screening pass” in early June and haven’t heard anything from them sense

Hi everyone sorry for the late response. I submitted on June 4th, passed initial screening on June 15th, and got an interview invite on June 18th. The interview was for July 1st so they gave me a little less than 2w notice. My stats are: 

cGPA: 3.67 

sGPA: 3.66 

PCE: 2,800 hours as a MA/Scribe/Surgery Coordinator 

HCE: 3,300 hours as a Laboratory Technician and hospital intern 

Volunteer: 60 hours

Shadowing: ~20 hours  

2 LOR's from Physicians and 1 LOR from a previous supervisor. 

Best of luck to everyone interviewing next week and those still waiting to hear back!! 

25 minutes ago, maddielyman said:

I just got an invite for August 5th!

Submitted 5/19 and passed initial screening 5/26, so for those of you who are worried about people getting interviews that applied later than you, don't lose hope!

Omg congratulations! And thank you for this update! 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 7:18 PM, Christine616 said:

CASPA Submitted July 2nd

Caspa Verified July 2nd

Rejected oh well their loss. I'm pretty sure it was my GPA because I have strong stats otherwise.

Edited by Christine616

23 hours ago, AC1998 said:

Can I ask for your stats please? My GPA isn’t as competitive as I had hoped. 

3.2 Science GPA

3.4 Cumulative GPA

3.8 for last 60-90 credits

PCE: 5400+ as MA

800-1000 as a Home Health Aide

Volunteer: 1000+ at 4 different hospital and blood drives including a presidential award for 500 hours in a year for one hospital

Shadowing: 40+ 

LOR 2 doctors and 1 PA 

I mean I don't want to toot my own horn because you never know Idk I feel like it was a GPA thing and that's been my biggest thing applying which is quite frustrating because as an MA some of the doctors in the office I work for actually think I would be a better medical professional than some of the doctors in our organization. 

• Like 1

CASPA submitted and verified 7/9

Received application confirmation 7/10

Rejected, no interview 7/14 (I met the minimum requirements and had over 1,000 PCE hours but still too low compared to the applicant pool so I unfortunately did not pass the initial screening)

Good luck and congrats to everyone who received interviews!