33 minutes ago, LDchick said:

Just finished both my interviews and wanted to let everyone know that they do an awesome job at making everyone feel comfortable. I wouldn't stress too much 🙂

Congrats on your interview and thanks for the update. I am hoping to get an interview invite soon. I thought the interview was an all day event? How is it managed 2 interviews at different times?

31 minutes ago, PA95050 said:

Congrats on your interview and thanks for the update. I am hoping to get an interview invite soon. I thought the interview was an all day event? How is it managed 2 interviews at different times?

The interview process for UOP is usually an all day event. Normally they have a group interview part and a panel interview. Due to COVID, most of California is quarantined so UOP decided to do interviews over zoom. Im guessing they are going to do all interviews over zoom to be fair but to do this they had one zoom interview as the group that lasted 2 hours and one zoom interview for panel interview. The panel interview was spread out across the day until the third zoom interview for Q&A with current students. I just happened to have back to back group interview and panel which is why mine were over so fast!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LDchick said:

The interview process for UOP is usually an all day event. Normally they have a group interview part and a panel interview. Due to COVID, most of California is quarantined so UOP decided to do interviews over zoom. Im guessing they are going to do all interviews over zoom to be fair but to do this they had one zoom interview as the group that lasted 2 hours and one zoom interview for panel interview. The panel interview was spread out across the day until the third zoom interview for Q&A with current students. I just happened to have back to back group interview and panel which is why mine were over so fast!

Thank you and I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LDchick said:

Just finished both my interviews and wanted to let everyone know that they do an awesome job at making everyone feel comfortable. I wouldn't stress too much 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing! Mine is next week and I'm pretty nervous... I know you can't share many details about what they asked, but would you be willing to share if the panel interview included typical PA school interview questions or more unexpected questions and if the group one had a lot of group based work or individual questions? I'm happy to hear the faculty is welcoming, I continue to hear that about UOP which makes me less nervous for sure! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soontobepagirl said:

Thanks so much for sharing! Mine is next week and I'm pretty nervous... I know you can't share many details about what they asked, but would you be willing to share if the panel interview included typical PA school interview questions or more unexpected questions and if the group one had a lot of group based work or individual questions? I'm happy to hear the faculty is welcoming, I continue to hear that about UOP which makes me less nervous for sure! 

The panel was more typical PA questions or my experience was at least. They truly aren't trying to trick you but just get to know you and your personality. They made jokes and made me feel super comfortable so just be yourself! The group interview was a lot of group based work to see how we work together. It was my favorite part honestly and it was the part I was worried about the most. Honestly I love this program more after the interview! just have fun with it 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LDchick said:

The panel was more typical PA questions or my experience was at least. They truly aren't trying to trick you but just get to know you and your personality. They made jokes and made me feel super comfortable so just be yourself! The group interview was a lot of group based work to see how we work together. It was my favorite part honestly and it was the part I was worried about the most. Honestly I love this program more after the interview! just have fun with it 🙂

Thank you sooo much for sharing! I’m glad you had a good experience and fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leilei said:

Just got rejected. I’m not really surprised since my GPA is low. Here is my stat to help future applicants decide if they want to apply or not.

cGPA: 3.34

sGPA: 3.29

PCE: ~3,350 back office MA

HCE: 850

Volunteer: 329

Did you get passed the initial screening part? I just received an email saying i satisfied the initial screening. After this email is where I would expect a rejection or interview invite? I'm just a little confused about the whole process.

3 minutes ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

Did you get passed the initial screening part? I just received an email saying i satisfied the initial screening. After this email is where I would expect a rejection or interview invite? I'm just a little confused about the whole process.

I didn't get any email about passing the initial screening.

33 minutes ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

I received an interview invite after I passed initial screening so I am guessing it’s one or the other. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

I got one too! I’m hoping it’s a good sign 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lili27 said:

Hi everyone, I got an interview invite today for July 8th. Did anyone else receive one?

And if it helps, I got the "passed initial screening" email last week! So, your time is coming 🙂

Best of luck to you all!

Congrats!! 🙂When were you verified and do you mind sharing your stats?

16 hours ago, prepa911 said:

Congrats!! 🙂When were you verified and do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! I submitted 06/10
& I was verified 06/15

Sure, I can share my stats. I hope it gives you some insight.
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.7
PCE: ~2300 (RBT in-clinic + PT Aide)
HCE: ~806 (352 Paid Medical Scribe; 454 volunteer at OBGYN clinic)
Leadership: ~71
Shadowing: ~100 hours (Cardiology, ER, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine)
Volunteer hours (Non-Healthcare): ~405

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 1

Just finished my panel and group interviews! Waiting for the Q&A to start now. Overall, I had a great experience during this interview. I felt that both parts were pretty relaxed especially the group interview. The faculty did not ask trick questions, and I truly believe they just want to know who we are to see if we are a good fit. The group interview was about 2 hours and it was great to meet the other applicants! I like this program a lot. Future interviewees: try not to stress about it, be yourself, and have fun with it! 🙂  We’ll see what kind of feedback I get within the next couple days!

Edited by Soontobepagirl
  • Like 5