• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just called the admissions office and they stated that my “application is still under review” and that the class is not filled yet and the interview process is still going. They also stated that the

Thank you! Yes --  Verified 6/5  Request for secondary 7/2; Interview invite 7/16  3.4 overall, 3.1 science HCE ~10,000 hrs  PCE ~10,000 hrs PA Shadowing ~300 hrs

Heard back Tuesday 10/22 with an acceptance from 9/16 interview! Is there a fb group for accepted students?  Also has anyone heard any feedback from the current class about how the new MS program

On 10/25/2019 at 4:41 PM, sk8160 said:

Heard back Tuesday 10/22 with an acceptance from 9/16 interview! Is there a fb group for accepted students? 

Also has anyone heard any feedback from the current class about how the new MS program is going? 

I am in the new master’s program. I’m very impressed so far. They really want everyone to do well and they’re always so happy to help us. It’s a great learning environment. 

Edited by Allie13
  • Like 1

Hi, congrats to all those who have had interviews or have been accepted!!! I applied extremely late (last week of September) and have not heard any notification regarding my application. I was wondering if anyone else who applied this late has heard anything. Are all the interview invites already sent? 

Edited by NewPAapplicant
On 11/16/2019 at 8:48 AM, NewPAapplicant said:

Hi, congrats to all those who have had interviews or have been accepted!!! I applied extremely late (last week of September) and have not heard any notification regarding my application. I was wondering if anyone else who applied this late has heard anything. Are all the interview invites already sent? 

I applied in beginning of September. I haven't heard anything from them yet. 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:40 PM, cq7261 said:

Accepted today from 11/8 interview! I'm pretty sure interviews are running through the rest of the month and possibly December.  Can't wait to meet everyone next year!  Has anyone started a FB group yet?

Wow congrats!!  You got accepted hella fast. I interviews 11/4 and still didn’t hear back from the AdCom 😕 now I’m nervous lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, shahzad78 said:

I submitted the supplemental early September, still haven’t heard back. Super anxious 😬😬. Good luck with the interview. May i ask your stats? @Walter 🙂

Thank you! Hope you hear some news from them soon.

Sure:

3.9 cumilative gpa

3.8 science gpa

~2,500 hours HCE/PCE as medical assistant 

~150 HCE volunteer hours wound care scribe volunteer at a nursing home

40 hours PA shadowing

3 LORs:  MD, professor & a supervisor from a volunteer health educator program I was part of for 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PAshleyS
      Hi, everyone!
      What are your thoughts on applying to programs with a ARC-PA probationary accreditation status (i.e., "Accreditation-Probation")?
      I'm a first-time applicant, and a couple schools that I have my eye on currently have probationary statuses (Johnson & Wales University; Monmouth University). I was wondering if it's worth applying to said schools, especially to ones that have had a probationary status for more than two years. 
      Although these schools are still considered accredited, is it safe to apply to & then attend these schools? Do these schools prepare students to become competent & trustworthy healthcare professionals? Are these schools worth the debt? My concern is enrolling in a school with probationary accreditation and graduating as a sub par PA-C, but those are just my uncertain sentiments at the moment. 
      Moreover, I've read that applying to these schools may be advantageous to some who aren't considered "strong applicants" (e.g., average grades/GRE). On the other hand, I've seen "strong applicants" display their admiration & loyalty to these schools here on PA Forum. I'm confused! Let's open up the discussion!
    • By PrePA1208
      I worked as a PRN rehab technician for about 3 months (roughly 20 hours a week) before I became Full-Time (40 hours a week).  How do I record this change in hours? Do I make two separate entries or average the hours per week?  My hours for PRN also varied each week, with weeks working up to 30 hours and sometimes only 15 hours. Do I need to record this somehow? I also do not understand how PA schools validate that the numbers of hours stated are honest. Is there some sort of validation document needed from each employer from past jobs.  Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
    • By wallsmp
      I thought I’d start this since I didn’t see any posts about this application cycle yet. Has anyone heard back besides the normal “we received your application” email?
    • By mjc03
      Hi everyone.  Thought I'd start the discussion for the 2019-2020 application cycle.  Good luck!
    • By PA2B83
      Good luck to everyone applying this cycle 🙂  
      Only applied to The University of New Mexico
      Verified 05/13/2019 
      Stats: 
      Registered Vascular Technologist with ARDMS - 5,000 Patient care hours 
      Bachelor of University Studies, May 2013: University of New Mexico ;
      Associate of Science in Vascular Sonography, August 2015: Jackson College
      5000 Volunteer Hours - Be The Match Foundation, F.L.A.G Japanese Exchange Host family for a year, Saint Baldrick's Foundation, United Blood Services....
      Post Baccalaureate Science 3.4 
      3 Extra Highly recommended courses
      6 Publications relating to Volunteer Work as Mrs. New Mexico 
      3 Publications relating to professional Movie work
      5 International Experience ( South Korea ( currently living), Japan, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More