St John's 2019-2020 Cycle

On 1/11/2020 at 2:14 AM, Deanakay said:

Same here applied 08/23 submitted supplemental form 09/03 and I haven’t heard anything back yet. 

same here applied 7/23 and submitted supplemental 8/01

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 2:14 AM, Deanakay said:

Same here applied 08/23 submitted supplemental form 09/03 and I haven’t heard anything back yet. 

I just called the admissions office and they stated that my “application is still under review” and that the class is not filled yet and the interview process is still going. They also stated that they hit about 3,000 applicants this cycle. Unfortunately, that’s all they told me and I still haven’t heard anything back In regards scoring an interview. Hopefully there is still a chance🤞Hope this gives you some type of guidance/relief. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Deanakay said:

I just called the admissions office and they stated that my “application is still under review” and that the class is not filled yet and the interview process is still going. They also stated that they hit about 3,000 applicants this cycle. Unfortunately, that’s all they told me and I still haven’t heard anything back In regards scoring an interview. Hopefully there is still a chance🤞Hope this gives you some type of guidance/relief. 

Received an email with 3 Available dates for the interview process in February. Can anybody give any in sight of what to expect during the interview ? Greatly appreciate it! Also does anybody know how many seats are left available or how many got accepted to the the program? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I applied end of July and got verified first week of August. I had two pending courses (Anatomy 2 and Micro) and received my interview date after I submitted my transcript with both of those courses. I got my email to interview on Feb 13 and interviewed on Feb 25, I got my acceptance on the 27th through the portal (it emails you when they upload the decision). The interview was the dean and someone from the faculty I believe and they interviewed you together. It was 30 minutes on the dot, like 2 questions each person and it went back and forth. While it was slightly conversational and relaxed, it was an interview you need to be prepared for (Review the book if you can). There is no tour or anything, just the interview but they let you sit in on a class if you like. There is two weeks to deposit from the date you receive the letter in the portal. Good luck guys! Hope this helped!

Congrats to those who got their acceptances! 

I submitted my application in August and received an interview invite in September. Interviewed on first week of November and i thought it went relatively well. Is it weird that I still haven't heard a decision from them yet? I called them around January and they said they were still reviewing my application. Is that usually how long it takes for them to get back? 

Any replies/advice would be appreciated 🙂

Hey guys, 

I submitted my application 8/29 verified and submitted secondary application 09/06 Heard back in Early February for an interview. Went to the interview 02/25 and got acceptance letter via portal on 02/27 and official letter in the mail 02/28. Don’t lose hope you never know what they are looking for. I truly didn’t think I was even going to get an invite as I know people who submitted later after me got interviews in December and acceptance in January. I also didn’t expect to hear back so soon from them (but was super excited). Can’t wait to meet my fellow classmates. Good luck to everyone 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:20 PM, 1996shihan said:

Anyone heard back from 02/21 interview? I'm still waiting and it's been more than a week, kind of losing hope 😞

I had my interview on the 25th and got an email about something being updated in my portal and it was an acceptance letter. I would wait another week before calling

2 hours ago, Mmichail said:

I had my interview on the 25th and got an email about something being updated in my portal and it was an acceptance letter. I would wait another week before calling

congratulation!! I'm losing hope because people who interview after me got acceptances and I think the seat being full. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 12:56 PM, Cristo26! said:

After spending a lot time researching about this PA Program I realized it is not on the best of my interest. St. John's program is 3 year long. The seat deposit is 1500 dollars, money I will most likely loose because the school is on the bottom of my list. No tour given during interview day 😲. In addition, they required Organic Chemistry 2, which I was think to take it during the fall, but I would rather save that money and keep my grades up. Based on this reason, I declined my interview invites and hope they give it to someone who is really dreaming to attend this PA Program. Wish you all the best of luck !

I didn't know they require Organic Chemistry 2? I thought it was just Orgo 1 and Biochemistry 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, PAsmm said:

Hey guys! I applied end of July and got verified first week of August. I had two pending courses (Anatomy 2 and Micro) and received my interview date after I submitted my transcript with both of those courses. I got my email to interview on Feb 13 and interviewed on Feb 25, I got my acceptance on the 27th through the portal (it emails you when they upload the decision). The interview was the dean and someone from the faculty I believe and they interviewed you together. It was 30 minutes on the dot, like 2 questions each person and it went back and forth. While it was slightly conversational and relaxed, it was an interview you need to be prepared for (Review the book if you can). There is no tour or anything, just the interview but they let you sit in on a class if you like. There is two weeks to deposit from the date you receive the letter in the portal. Good luck guys! Hope this helped!

Congrat!! Do you mind sharing your stats and PC/shadowing hours, I'm trying to see where I stand.

Guest paulaust
14 hours ago, Delee77 said:

Did they stop/postpone reviewing the applications due to the COVID-19 crisis? Because I had my interview the second to last week of February. I haven’t even heard anything, even a rejection, waitlist or any positive news even after 5 weeks.

I'm wondering this, as well. I had an interview March 9th and e-mailed the Admissions department last Wednesday asking if there is a new timeline regarding admissions due to the COVID-19 crisis. The person who responded said there should be no delay in the process, and that I should hear back "soon." 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KT0618 said:

Hey guys! For those that got accepted, is there a facebook page or something for all the accepted students? Also, anyone know how I can get the enrollment form from the portal and how to pay the seat deposit? Thank you! 

^^ scroll up to my link/post...for the enrollment form I couldn’t find it and just emailed graduate admissions and they sent it to me.. and the deposit is on the sju uis account 

• Like 1

Guest paulaust

For anyone as anxious as I am, I e-mailed graduate admissions yesterday regarding the status of my application and they said that it's in one of the final stages of review, but that everything is slowed down due to COVID-19. I had an interview on March 9th. Hopefully we'll hear back soon! Best of luck to everyone still waiting. 

Guest paulaust
2 hours ago, xxnazxx said:

Hi all, 

Did anyone hear back with any updates? Are they still interviewing, anyone placed on waitlist or rejected? 

I heard back today that I've been waitlisted!