UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, edtru said:

Did anyone bring someone along to the interview? If so, is there a place they can wait at?

Nobody in my group this year or last year did. I mean I guess they could wait somewhere around campus. They’ll have to wait for about 4 hours though. There’s some chairs inside the building but they might feel less awkward waiting in the dining area at the college or something. 

1 minute ago, baylor2018 said:

Nobody in my group this year or last year did. I mean I guess they could wait somewhere around campus. They’ll have to wait for about 4 hours though. There’s some chairs inside the building but they might feel less awkward waiting in the dining area at the college or something. 

Thanks! I’m bringing someone since I’m coming from out of town and we have to check out of the hotel at a certain time (afternoon session interview). 

3 hours ago, baylor2018 said:

What was the interview style?

Hello, everyone. I haven't checked in here in a while. I received an official acceptance from UT-RGV on 10/8. For those still waiting to hear back (from UT-RGV or any other programs), I understand how stressful that is, believe me. This was my third year (application cycle) applying & interviewing at various programs, including UT-RGV. You will get in! Either to this program or to another one. Just keep trying.

For those that have also received acceptances, did you receive a notice about a new student orientation? I saw that after we set up our UT-RGV e-mail accounts, we were supposed to get an e-mail about new student orientations next year. I set up my UT-RGV e-mail account, but I haven't received anything yet about new student orientation dates. (Perhaps graduate students aren't required to attend a new student orientation?) Please update me if you can. Thank you.

Edited by PAGothamCity
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, PAGothamCity said:

Hello, everyone. I haven't checked in here in a while. I received an official acceptance from UT-RGV on 10/8. For those still waiting to hear back (from UT-RGV or any other programs), I understand how stressful that is, believe me. This was my third year (application cycle) applying & interviewing at various programs, including UT-RGV. You will get in! Either to this program or to another one. Just keep trying.

For those that have also received acceptances, did you receive a notice about a new student orientation? I saw that after we set up our UT-RGV e-mail accounts, we were supposed to get an e-mail about new student orientations next year. I set up my UT-RGV e-mail account, but I haven't received anything yet about new student orientation dates. Please let me know if you have. Thank you.

When did you interview?

5 hours ago, PAGothamCity said:

If anyone else has also received an acceptance and has information about affordable housing in the UT-RGV area (local apartment complexes, etc.), please post any updates (or send me a private message). Thank you.

Congrats on your acceptance 🙂Were you in the morning slot or afternoon slot for interview on 9/27?

8 hours ago, PAGothamCity said:

For those that have also received acceptances, did you receive a notice about a new student orientation? I saw that after we set up our UT-RGV e-mail accounts, we were supposed to get an e-mail about new student orientations next year. I set up my UT-RGV e-mail account, but I haven't received anything yet about new student orientation dates. (Perhaps graduate students aren't required to attend a new student orientation?) Please update me if you can. Thank you.

Congratulations! I have an interview coming up with them. Any advice? And do you know how many students were at your interview?