UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, AngeON said:

Stressing because I got my application in just under the wire. I couldn't get UTRGV to send my UTRGV transcripts to the UTRGV PA program (haha.) How much do you think it will play against me that my application wasn't 100% complete (meaning CASPA) until August 30? 

I'm on the same boat and wondering the same thing. One of my evaluators bailed on me so I had to find another last minute so the last letter was submitted Aug 30. I'm staying positive though 😁

On 9/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, Taniya said:

Hi Elissa, I'm interviewing on the same day and I'm from Houston as well. Let me know if you wanna meet up and prep for the interview 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 

Hello Taniya!!!

My schedule is going to be crazy leading up to the interview! But I am driving there the night before if you want to meet up and grab dinner or something!

Hey all! 

Quick Question: 

I attended the PA program open house back in July and was told that official transcripts didn't need to be sent directly to the school until acceptance. I am looking on the self service site and my application says "under review by program" but I have not received an e-mail saying they have everything they need. 

Any advice? 

2 hours ago, itzagarza said:

Hey all! 

Quick Question: 

I attended the PA program open house back in July and was told that official transcripts didn't need to be sent directly to the school until acceptance. I am looking on the self service site and my application says "under review by program" but I have not received an e-mail saying they have everything they need. 

Any advice? 

Hi there! I was at this same open house and yes, they did say that! Is your CASPA application in a "verified" status? If it is and your self service says "under review by program", I would think they have all they need unless they reach out!  

26 minutes ago, TherealSUpirate said:

Hi there! I was at this same open house and yes, they did say that! Is your CASPA application in a "verified" status? If it is and your self service says "under review by program", I would think they have all they need unless they reach out!  

Yes! I was verified 6/27. 

Hope everything is well!

• Like 1

Do they only send out invites on Fridays, or are people receiving them any day of the week? 

Curious if they send out rejection letters to those of us who do not get interviews, or should I just start shadowing again just in case. That and volunteer work are where I am lacking, so if I don't get in this cycle, then I want to do as much as I can this year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngeON said:

Do they only send out invites on Fridays, or are people receiving them any day of the week? 

Curious if they send out rejection letters to those of us who do not get interviews, or should I just start shadowing again just in case. That and volunteer work are where I am lacking, so if I don't get in this cycle, then I want to do as much as I can this year.

I received an invite on a Monday. I applied last year and did not receive a rejection until March 20th. Hope this helps. 🙂

• Upvote 1

So interestingly, I emailed the admissions coordinator and administrative assistant about an itinerary or webpage to point me to for this Friday's interview, but the assistant messaged me back saying she was instructed not to disclose that information.

Anyways, good luck to everyone this weekend! See you there.