UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

59 minutes ago, tarynnoelle said:

Got my acceptance email today around 2:30. I interviewed 10/25 afternoon group! This was my only interview so far and I am so happy!! I can't wait to meet everyone in the class of 2022!!

Congratulations!! I was in the 10/25 afternoon group as well, still waiting to hear back!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, PAGothamCity said:

Hello, everyone. I haven't checked in here in a while. I received an official acceptance from UT-RGV on 10/8. For those still waiting to hear back (from UT-RGV or any other programs), I understand how stressful that is, believe me. This was my third year (application cycle) applying & interviewing at various programs, including UT-RGV. You will get in! Either to this program or to another one. Just keep trying.

For those that have also received acceptances, did you receive a notice about a new student orientation? I saw that after we set up our UT-RGV e-mail accounts, we were supposed to get an e-mail about new student orientations next year. I set up my UT-RGV e-mail account, but I haven't received anything yet about new student orientation dates. (Perhaps graduate students aren't required to attend a new student orientation?) Please update me if you can. Thank you.

Congrats!! I just confirmed my acceptance to the program. Do they send follow up emails pretty quickly? I'm nervous but don't want to bother them too soon haha. What happens after you send your confirmation?

17 hours ago, tarynnoelle said:

Got my acceptance email today around 2:30. I interviewed 10/25 afternoon group! This was my only interview so far and I am so happy!! I can't wait to meet everyone in the class of 2022!!

Taylor, congratulations! Do you mind if I message you about your experience? 

2 hours ago, EStonember said:

Does anyone know how many have been accepted already in to the program? 

My guess would be around 30-40? Only around 20 people have posted in this forum saying they've gotten accepted and of course there's bound to be more than just the people that use the forum. Christopher Dennett said during our interview that he always keeps enough slots open to be able to accept every single person from the last interview if he wants to. So they have at least 30 seats left for sure, but most likely more. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tarynnoelle said:

My guess would be around 30-40? Only around 20 people have posted in this forum saying they've gotten accepted and of course there's bound to be more than just the people that use the forum. Christopher Dennett said during our interview that he always keeps enough slots open to be able to accept every single person from the last interview if he wants to. So they have at least 30 seats left for sure, but most likely more. 

I know from the school site they accepted 100 students last cycle, that's why I was curious since I hardly saw anyone on this specific forum stating they were accepted. I think doing 80-100 students last cycle and jumping to only accepting 30-40 is just not right in a way. I'm remaining hopeful that they might accept more, and are just delayed in sending acceptances  😞  I don't know but thank you for responding!

Edited by EStonember

23 minutes ago, EStonember said:

I know from the school site they accepted 100 students last cycle, that's why I was curious since I hardly saw anyone on this specific forum stating they were accepted. I think doing 80-100 students last cycle and jumping to only accepting 30-40 is just not right in a way. I'm remaining hopeful that they might accept more, and are just delayed in sending acceptances  😞  I don't know but thank you for responding!

They are still going to admit 100 this cycle! I just meant I think they've only accepted 30-40 so far! Most people don't get acceptances until December after everyone has been interviewed! They usually only admit a handful ahead of that time! 

• Like 2

Hello guys. I contacted the program yesterday withdrawing my acceptance as I was accepted into another PA program close to home.  They got back to me today and were so kind and understanding. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with UTRGV. Best of luck to everyone applying/interviewing. 

Edited by Fam1996
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Fam1996 said:

Hello guys. I contacted the program yesterday withdrawing my acceptance as I was accepted into another PA program close to home.  They got back to me today and were so kind and understanding. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with UTRGV. Best of luck to everyone applying/interviewing. 

Congrats!! Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fam1996 said:

Congrats and good luck. And thanks 🙂

• Like 1