UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

I just received an acceptance from a school in Miami. I’m soooooo relieved that I’m at least going somewhere and I don’t have to go through the application cycle a FOURTH time... but Texas is my home, I got such a good vibe from the faculty, and this is still my first choice, so I’m holding out hope 🙂

Edited by EyeSeeYou
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, EyeSeeYou said:

I just received an acceptance from a school in Miami. I’m soooooo relieved that I’m at least going somewhere and I don’t have to go through the application cycle a FOURTH time... but Texas is my home, I got such a good vibe from the faculty, and this is still my first choice, so I’m holding out hope 🙂

Congrats on the acceptance! Miami would be a cool place to live for a while!

5 hours ago, tirelandgray said:

Question for anyone has done an interview/been accepted... this Friday is my first interview for PA school and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice to offer ( I understand that the format cannot be discussed). 

Be yourself and go with your gut! They just want to get to know you. It’s super chill and the faculty is amazing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PreMe said:

Pretty certain they're not. I interviewed 11/1 and they said they *hope* to finish interviews before January

Really? They told us in my interview session that they were interviewing 400 out of 2000 applicants and if my counting was correct there were about 50 when combining morning and afternoon sessions. They started interviews in September so I don’t see how they could have any more to interview? 

2 minutes ago, arb1992 said:

Really? They told us in my interview session that they were interviewing 400 out of 2000 applicants and if my counting was correct there were about 50 when combining morning and afternoon sessions. They started interviews in September so I don’t see how they could have any more to interview? 

There were also about 25 in my afternoon session , so probably about 50 for the day as well. I think starting out the sessions were spaced out quite a bit? I'd be surprised if they were done before December from what the program director was saying honestly

In an email he said we wouldn’t find out if we got in until the end of the month when “interviews are complete at the end of the month”. The only reason I asked is because I got into a January start program which is pretty soon so I can’t afford to wait until March. However I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone else having an interview past 11/22

2 minutes ago, markou said:

I heard from a current PA student that 11/22 was the last interview. They are now reviewing all applicants before making final decisions. 

Whoa! That's actually crazy bananas haha, they seemed to have finished quite a bit sooner than they seemed to have been anticipating. I guess we should be hearing back soon-ish in that case. Sorry for my incorrect estimate, & good luck to everyone! 

• Upvote 1

As the year comes to a close and the majority of us don't know if the boat we're in is sinking or staying afloat (lol), I want to wish you all a Happy Holiday. Hopefully we all get some positive news soon. I took a break from this forum for my mental health (for real though lol) and it came with a lot of perspective. We will all get to where we want to be one day! Everyone's journey is unique. You're a one and only "you". Ride the wave of this anticipation, frustration and uncertainty - it personally makes me feel so alive with something to look forward to! ❤️   

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2