UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

On 10/15/2019 at 4:28 PM, markou said:

Congratulations! I have an interview coming up with them. Any advice? And do you know how many students were at your interview? 

I can't remember specifically how many. Between 20 and 30, as I recall. It sounds cliche, I know, but just be yourself and do the best you can. It was my third year to interview and finally get an acceptance. You will get an acceptance, too, if you're getting interviews. It's just a matter of when.

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2019 at 9:34 PM, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

Did anyone here receive an acceptance elsewhere? 

This is actually the only school I applied to because I'm from the RGV and have all my family's support down here as I have small children. I think I may be one of a handful that is putting all my eggs into one basket 😕 but I'd also hate to find myself away from home needing my family while in such an intense grad program. 

Edited by rrr2020

34 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

This is actually the only school I applied to because I'm from the RGV and have all my family's support down here as I have small children. I think I may be one of a handful that is putting all my eggs into one basket 😕 but I'd also hate to find myself away from home needing my family while in such an intense grad program. 

Yes, same. I was going to apply other places, but that just wasn't feasible for me this round,  and wont be next round either. If I don't get in this year or next cycle, then I'll apply basically anywhere I can because circumstances in my life should change significantly. All eggs in this basket for a while. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AngeON said:

Yes, same. I was going to apply other places, but that just wasn't feasible for me this round,  and wont be next round either. If I don't get in this year or next cycle, then I'll apply basically anywhere I can because circumstances in my life should change significantly. All eggs in this basket for a while. 

Good luck!

I'm down here for the long haul. It's home. I'll just keep applying til they're like OK ALREADY. 🙂 I'm not out for the count this round yet but with each passing day I get a bit nervous lol

On 10/24/2019 at 11:48 PM, hpno123 said:

I was actually verified on 8/21, got an interview 10/18 and got accepted 10/21. Maybe they will let you know after all the interviews. Good Luck!!!!!

Congrats!! We’re you morning or afternoon group? I interviewed 10/25 afternoon group and really hoping I hear back this week haha. 

2 hours ago, tarynnoelle said:

Congrats!! We’re you morning or afternoon group? I interviewed 10/25 afternoon group and really hoping I hear back this week haha. 

I was verified the last day before the applications were due and I interviewed 10/25 morning group.  Also crossing all my fingers for this week.  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

has anyone contacted the program director recently?

I did actually - I have an interview on 11/1 so contacted the program in an attempt to see if there was any information they were willing to divulge. Nada. 

Edited by PreMe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngeON said:

I was wondering the same thing.... still impatiently awaiting 

Well at least as far as we know they aren't contacting anyone. I have a feeling we might not hear back for a couple weeks because they have 2-3 interviews in the next couple weeks so are probably pretty busy. I think the earlier dates were spread out a bit so they had more time in between to review candidates. That would be my guess anyways...