UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, rrr2020 said:

I haven't heard anything. I interviewed 9/20. I'm assuming at this point it's a "no" but they haven't even sent a rejection. It'd be nice if they would let us know even if it is a no. 

They JUST finished the last interview Friday so I’m sure they’re finishing up decisions. Some people will know soon and some people will know later, that seems to be the trend each year. I know people who got accepted and rejected in April/May. I’m surprised that I received a waitlist email.. seems like no one else has heard anything. Unless they just haven’t posted about it on the forum 

5 minutes ago, pa9701 said:

They JUST finished the last interview Friday so I’m sure they’re finishing up decisions. Some people will know soon and some people will know later, that seems to be the trend each year. I know people who got accepted and rejected in April/May. I’m surprised that I received a waitlist email.. seems like no one else has heard anything. Unless they just haven’t posted about it on the forum 

True. It's just been so long. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rrr2020 said:

I haven't heard anything. I interviewed 9/20. I'm assuming at this point it's a "no" but they haven't even sent a rejection. It'd be nice if they would let us know even if it is a no. 

Yeah that’s how it was last year too. I’m pretty sure it was a no for me in January, but they didn’t tell me until late April. Had me waiting around for no reason. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, baylor2018 said:

Yeah that’s how it was last year too. I’m pretty sure it was a no for me in January, but they didn’t tell me until late April. Had me waiting around for no reason. 

I feel like if they have a stack of rejections then it's best to not keep us in suspense or at arm's length so we can just start preparing for next cycle. They can only take 100 so if there are some definite rejections in the 400 plus they've interviewed, I think it's only courteous of the program to communicate that. But this is my first year applying and I'm learning the ropes so I don't know. Maybe I'm overreacting lol. 

Edited by rrr2020
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EMFLORESZ said:

It is. Last year didn’t get a rejection till around April. Think I have one more cycle left since they’re starting to put expirations on the prereqs so would like to know sooner than later. 

Are you referring to this: "All applicants must have taken AT LEAST 15 semester credit hours of any coursework in the United States within the last 10 years. Effective 2020-2021 cycle, all applicants must have taken all prerequisites at an accredited United States institution within the last 10 years."

I just went to their website when I read your comment. This makes me VERY nervous. If I don't get in this cycle or the next, some of my pre-reqs will meet the 10 year mark. Ugh. My stomach just turned. 

1 hour ago, rrr2020 said:

Are you referring to this: "All applicants must have taken AT LEAST 15 semester credit hours of any coursework in the United States within the last 10 years. Effective 2020-2021 cycle, all applicants must have taken all prerequisites at an accredited United States institution within the last 10 years."

I just went to their website when I read your comment. This makes me VERY nervous. If I don't get in this cycle or the next, some of my pre-reqs will meet the 10 year mark. Ugh. My stomach just turned. 

Yeah it’s the same for me. Been a while since I did my undergrad so a few of them for me will have expired next year I believe. Starting to look at nursing programs tbh.