Application Cycle 2019-2020

Just received my rejection email. Came as a bit of surprise considering my stats exceed those of the newest class profile on their website and I have 4 outstanding LORs...just goes to show it really is a numbers game. I also applied Saturday and got a reject today (Wednesday). Seems quick...Good luck everyone!

Edited by Kc2020

13 minutes ago, mellb said:

Hi everyone! For those of you who have already received an invite to an interview... how long after you received the "You passed the first phase" email did you receive your invite???

I don’t recall there being a “you pass the first phase email.” The first correspondence I got was an interview invite!!  It came probably two or three weeks after I got verified on CASPA

1 minute ago, jshatz29 said:

I don’t recall there being a “you pass the first phase email.” The first correspondence I got was an interview invite!!  It came probably two or three weeks after I got verified on CASPA

Interesting! I got one saying that I passed the first phase and that the next email I would receive would be if I was invited to an interview. Anyone else get this ??

21 minutes ago, mellb said:

Hi everyone! For those of you who have already received an invite to an interview... how long after you received the "You passed the first phase" email did you receive your invite???

I didn’t receive that email. I received an interview invite 2-3 days after I completed my CASPA requirements. I had submitted EMORY supplemental before finalizing CASPA. Not sure if that made a difference. 

13 minutes ago, jshatz29 said:

Same here! I didn't think they were doing a primary and secondary review process but maybe they switched it up. 

1 hour ago, mellb said:

I submitted my application through CASPA on August 5th.

On August 6th, Emory emailed stating that they received my application.

Application was complete on August 7th.

Interview invite on August 9th.

I was surprised it happened so quickly!

Ok I’m going to need you to meet me in the parking deck to practice breathing exercises before hand! I wasn’t nervous until September hit and now I’m dying! How are you feeling? I’ve heard it’s a really laid back interview and “just be yourself” but easier said than done! 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:53 PM, bernaTN said:

Hey! So I’ll be staying at the university inn at Emory for my interview. Do you guys know what’s the best way to get to the 1462 Building? Walk? Uber? If that’s even possible at 6:30am ish. 

Walking is realistic but if it’s super humid or you have uncomfortable shoes it would be a very short uber. I wouldn’t try to rely on public transport, their schedules can be unreliable. 

On 9/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, PrePA1115 said:

Does anyone have any idea when the first half of the interviews will be over and they will be calling those from the first 6 or 7 interview groups? Trying to be patient but it’s so difficult 😭 

I interviewed 9/6, and Alan said we were the last interview day for the half way point and he'll be making phone calls this week. Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 3