Application Cycle 2019-2020

3 hours ago, LaurenAutry said:

Received an interview invite today!!!  To those who have gotten an invite, did you respond to the e-mail?  Not sure the etiquette for that.  Thanks

Congrats!!

I did not respond to the email. I don’t think it’s necessary & I figured they’re busy responding to other emails & looking through applications. I probably won’t respond unless someone recommends it. 

Edited by cm05219
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LaurenAutry said:

Received an interview invite today!!!  To those who have gotten an invite, did you respond to the e-mail?  Not sure the etiquette for that.  Thanks

Congratulations! Can you please share when your application was verified with Caspa and when with Emory? I submitted my on 5/21, never received confirmation and no one at Emory would respond 😖

14 hours ago, NikPA said:

Congratulations! Can you please share when your application was verified with Caspa and when with Emory? I submitted my on 5/21, never received confirmation and no one at Emory would respond 😖

5/23 for CASPA.  Actually had some confusion with the payment, and ended up paying twice before I got a confirmation e-mail on 6/7.  Got invite on 6/10.

7 hours ago, jshatz29 said:

Update! I received my interview date today! Who all is interviewing 8/19?? I am so incredibly excited as Emory is my top program! I’d love to meet up with any of y’all who are interviewing on the same day!

No e-mail yet on the date.  I did not respond to the notification of interview - did you?  When did you get your interview invite?  Would love to meet up if its on the same day!!

9 minutes ago, LaurenAutry said:

No e-mail yet on the date.  I did not respond to the notification of interview - did you?  When did you get your interview invite?  Would love to meet up if its on the same day!!

I got an email at 9:30 last night. It had a response form attached, which I responded to, but the first email did not!! 

I’m sure they’ll be sending out more dates this week since I got mine late last night

My interview is 8/19. SO excited:)

2 hours ago, jswim said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! 

cGPA: 3.56

sGPA: 3.41

GRE: 309, writing 4.0 

I did a post-bacc, however, with a GPA: 3.97 

~75 hrs volunteer, ~20 hours of shadowing, LOR: attending, manager, and professor

~7500 PCE.  I was a ER Tech for 2 years, ER Nurse for 2 years, and have been a critical care nurse for 3 years. 

Edited by LaurenAutry
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, juliapdot said:

@peanutbutterPAwhen did you submit your app/get verified by Emory? And do you mind sharing your stats

I submitted June 11 and was verified by Emory on the 20 🙂

My stats:

cGPA 3.80

sGPA 3.88

GRE: V 169, Q 163, AW 5.5

PCE ~2700 hours as a CNA/PCT

HCE ~50 hours

Community service ~900 hours

Shadowing ~50 hours with an MD (less than 10 PA shadowing hours lol)

I put a lot of thought into my essays and I think that made a difference as well. Hope this helps!!