Application Cycle 2019-2020

So from what I've gathered, it's an MMI. Someone told me that you get 8 min per question. I think they're the ethical type as well.

21 minutes ago, Sheilassss said:

Thanks! 

Do you know or know anyone that can tell us how the Emory interviews go? What's the format? And I heard they make you write an essay

I hope there's not an essay! 

Additionally, do you know when the actual interview dates get released? I was told in the email that they would contact us in "late summer" with actual dates, but I would love to have something more concrete on my calendar!

1 minute ago, Sheilassss said:

Can you post your stats if you don’t mind?  

Hey! My stats are as follows:

• Cumulative GPA: 3.22, 3.58 graduate
  • Science GPA: 3.02 overall, 3.58 graduate
  • GRE scores: 156 v, 156 q, (overall 312); 5.0 analytical
  • Number of hrs and type of PCE: 4,000+ as an ER tech, 600 as a PCT on a med surg floor
  • Number of hrs and type of HCE: ~1,500 as an ER scribe
  • Number of hrs and type of non-clinical volunteering: 1,000 through various volunteer activities, but mainly in a food pantry, as a student mentor, and in a free clinic
  • Number of hrs of PA shadowing: ~100
  • Number of hrs of other Physician shadowing: maybe 15 hours?
  • Who wrote your letters of recommendation? graduate school program director, ED director (MD), boss (RN), ED attending, 1 PA

On 5/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, WorkinOnIt said:

I received a rejection email today. I have a fairly strong application so I am a little disheartened by how quick they were to send it to me.

Good luck to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that. Im sure theres another program out there waiting to accept you. Do you mind sharing your stats?

12 hours ago, TayRene94 said:

Does anyone know if Emory accepts AP credit for the statistics requirement? I've emailed them and have never gotten a response and I am not seeing it specified on the website anywhere.

Per their website...

All courses taken to satisfy the requirements must be taken from a regionally (North American) accredited institution.  Each course must be completed at a grade level of “C” or better and must be completed prior to the December class matriculation. All courses are subject to approval by the Admissions Committee and cannot be taken on a Pass/Fail basis, as CLEP credit, or audited.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:44 PM, Jocapa93 said:

Sorry to hear that. Im sure theres another program out there waiting to accept you. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I had this happen to me last year. It was the second time I've applied and my second rejection. I ended up emailing Allan Platt and he was super helpful in telling me where my application was lacking and some suggestions on how to improve.  

33 minutes ago, MikaelaY said:

I received an offer for an interview today (6/6). My application was verified by Emory on 6/5. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your supplemental? I submitted it on 5/20 and my Caspa was verified the same day. I never received any confirmation. So I'm really curious about the email you received yesterday.

45 minutes ago, NikPA said:

Did anyone else receive an email about your application being processed? I didn't and very worried!

Hi! I did not either. I got an email saying in order to continue processing they needed my payment, but I had already paid.  I sent them back my receipt last Tuesday and never heard anything. I emailed them Wednesday to reconfirm with them, and never got a response. And have no received the 7-14 day email. So I’m on the fence of just paying again and see what happens. 

3 hours ago, NikPA said:

Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your supplemental? I submitted it on 5/20 and my Caspa was verified the same day. I never received any confirmation. So I'm really curious about the email you received yesterday.

Thank you! I submitted my CASPA and supplemental on 06/02. I got an email stating that they received my CASPA on 06/04 and then another email on 06/05 stating that they received all application materials and that it was being processed. 

11 hours ago, Nktrio11 said:

For those of you that have received interviews what are your stats?

My stats are honestly mediocre but I feel like my personal statement & experiences are really strong!

cGPA 3.47

sGPA 3.17

GRE 304 combined AW 4.0

PCE ~4000 hours as a medical assistant & CNA

HCE ~5000 hours

Community service ~2000 hours (my experience with Americorps might have leveraged my application). 

I also have research experience.

Shadowing ~ 100 hours

LOR 1 PA I work with, 1 Doctor, 1 academic professor

I wish everyone the best of luck! Don’t give up. It’s still early in the app cycle!

Edited by cm05219

On 6/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, Nktrio11 said:

For those of you that have received interviews what are your stats?

cGPA 3.89

sGPA 3.78

GRE 315 combined AW 4.5

PCE: 2900 hours as a medical assistant

HCE: 100 hours

Community service: 800 hours

Shadowing: 40 hours

LOR: the physician I work with, my office manager, and two academic professors