Application Cycle 2019-2020

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FUPAAshley said:

Hey! I'm looking to apply next year to Emory and I was wondering if they looked more at GPA stats or experience. I have a less than stellar GPA, but still above min requirement, but will have about 2 years experience when I apply in April. Thanks for any input!

I would argue that not one part of the application is more important than another, but they do highly value community service and health care experience. BUT with that being said, they want people who are service driven, so if you don't genuinely enjoy community service or working with underserved/rural populations than Emory might not be the best fit. 

Edited by JK1996

21 hours ago, FUPAAshley said:

Hey! I'm looking to apply next year to Emory and I was wondering if they looked more at GPA stats or experience. I have a less than stellar GPA, but still above min requirement, but will have about 2 years experience when I apply in April. Thanks for any input!

I agree with @JK1996 about Emory valuing community service and health care experience. I have a mediocre GPA and I got an interview and was wait listed. There is hope for you as long as the other parts of your application are strong. 

• 5 weeks later...

I was originally ranked #17 and have been wondering if it is wrong to call (maybe Allan) to check current ranking. 

Also, what are waitlisted people doing in the meantime - more classes, additional shadowing hours, just working?

My husband got me a suture kit for Christmas so I'll be practicing. He offered to "accidentally" cut himself to help me out but I advised him to wait a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...