2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 5/10/2019 at 12:20 PM, Allison0423 said:

Anyone else taking the CASPer on May 14? I'm wondering if this is going to delay sending out interviews early this year. I will have my CASPA submitted but it says it will take about 2 weeks for the CASPer results to send to them. 

Hey there! I just took my CASPer test yesterday on May 14th. I also saw that but I am still hoping they send out interview invites in June like last year. I am nervous about the scoring and that we are not able to see it!

Just curious, is there anyone not taking the CASper? (since its not a requirement) I have already submitted my app but cannot take CASper until June 25th. You think this will hurt my chances at all since I will be taking my test so much later after submitting my app?

I don't think they're going to put too much weight on the CASPer test considering it's technically optional (albeit strongly recommended on their website). Pretty sure they're just using it as a test run of sorts to see if there's any correlation to admitted students in the future. You've signed up for it and are going to take it eventually, so if you get an interview you can say that you've taken it and waiting for results or something along those lines.

Is this the first year they're using CASPer?

2 minutes ago, Samson113 said:

I don't think they're going to put too much weight on the CASPer test considering it's technically optional (albeit strongly recommended on their website). Pretty sure they're just using it as a test run of sorts to see if there's any correlation to admitted students in the future. You've signed up for it and are going to take it eventually, so if you get an interview you can say that you've taken it and waiting for results or something along those lines.

Is this the first year they're using CASPer?

Yes I believe so. I applied last year and they did not use it.