2019-2020 Application Cycle

16 minutes ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Seems like everyone that’s has gotten interviews this morning submitted early-mid June. I got my under review email on 6/12 so I really hope I hear something soon

Yep. I got the app received email at the end of May. So at this point I’m not feeling so great about it. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, tx808 said:

Yep. I got the app received email at the end of May. So at this point I’m not feeling so great about it. 

Looking back on the 2018-2019 forum it seems a lot of other interview invited were given out, some being verified late May early June. I'm in the same position as you! Let's stay positive! It is still early in the game. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, Hmhguy95 said:

Seems like everyone that’s has gotten interviews this morning submitted early-mid June. I got my under review email on 6/12 so I really hope I hear something soon

I am in the same boat! I got my under review email on 6/13.. but people who applied towards the end of June have gotten invites so I'm a little nervous!. Hoping we both hear something soon. 

10 minutes ago, mmerca15 said:

Hey everyone! I interviewed on 8/5/19 and received a phone call on 8/7/19 offering me a spot for admissions! I'm insanely excited!

Congrats! Can you tell us when you got the “app complete” email and your stats (if you don’t mind)?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:18 AM, tx808 said:

Congrats! Can you tell us when you got the “app complete” email and your stats (if you don’t mind)?

Hey all,

Heres my time line. Applied 5/17/19. Got an interview request on 6/1/19. Here are my stats

cGPA - 3.6

sGPA - 3.49

GRE - 310

PCE - 575

HCE - 7000+ (pharmacy tech and research)

Shadowing - 140 hours. 70 from PA in 9 different Specialties

Here's hoping the interview goes well. Good luck everyone!

Edited by mmerca15

1 hour ago, Prepa36 said:

Congrats!!! That’s so amazing. 

What was your interviewing experience? 

The professors at Hardin Simmons were incredibly nice. They actually took the time to look at my application and genuinely cared about my experiences. In the 1 on 1 interviews I could tell they cared about the people they were interviewing and are super passionate about what they do

Hey guys! So question... I am super interested in applying for Hardin Simmons, but am wondering if I am too late to the game if I submitted my application right now. I have my GRE and my application is already verified. I’m honestly a little confused because on the website it specifically states 

Our process is specifically designed so that the class does not fill up prior to the application deadline or conclusion of interview cycle.

But I’m confused because people have already gotten acceptances??? (Congrats by the way)

7 hours ago, sshheellbb said:

Hey guys! So question... I am super interested in applying for Hardin Simmons, but am wondering if I am too late to the game if I submitted my application right now. I have my GRE and my application is already verified. I’m honestly a little confused because on the website it specifically states 

Our process is specifically designed so that the class does not fill up prior to the application deadline or conclusion of interview cycle.

But I’m confused because people have already gotten acceptances??? (Congrats by the way)

I think you still have time! They have a minimum of 7 interview sessions and this past Thursday 08/08/19 was only the second one! Get it in as fast as possible though. Good luck!

17 hours ago, baylor2018 said:

I applied the first week of August last year and interviewed and got waitlisted (still on waitlist for this August), so it’s definitely possible. I might’ve had a better chance of getting accepted vs waitlist if I applied earlier tho. I reapplied first of July this year.  

When did they let you know your wait list status? Best of luck to you. 

46 minutes ago, equeen said:

I got the call today that I got accepted!!!!! 🙂

Pretty sure they called me Friday about the acceptance but due to night shift, I was passed out lol.

cGPA - 3.5

sGPA - 3.3

GRE - 300

PCE: Scribe and CNA 

Got the acceptance call on Friday as well! I interviewed aug 8 and submitted my app around late May. 

Cum GPA: 3.55

Sci GPA: 3.48

PCE: 1900 as an ER tech and ancillary tech

GRE: 316 - 159v 157q 4w

Edited by ericdnguyen