2019-2020 Application Cycle

Since no one has posted an invite, it makes me wonder if they're behind this year, possibly b/c of CASPER? Or just no one that got one posts on this forum haha

I do think it would be really odd if there were invites and none of those people were active on this forum. I feel like it’s been forever! Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, tx808 said:

I do think it would be really odd if there were invites and none of those people were active on this forum. I feel like it’s been forever! Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me, too! I am just surprised that they are so much later this year compared to last!

Thank you, and to you, as well!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thomas20 said:

Did anyone get an email stating that their CASPer scores had been received? 

No I did not receive an email stating that the scores were received. I just saw through CASPer that the scores were sent, but the school never sent a confirmation that they received them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, edtru said:

Casper was optional right?

I want to say yes but I’m not sure. I took Casper for another program but didn’t send my scores to Hardin Simmons. Before I even took CASPer, I got an email from Hardin Simmons saying they had everything they need from me. I’m a reapplicant and got an interview here last year without doing Casper. I would contact them to be sure.

2 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

I want to say yes but I’m not sure. I took Casper for another program but didn’t send my scores to Hardin Simmons. Before I even took CASPer, I got an email from Hardin Simmons saying they had everything they need from me. I’m a reapplicant and got an interview here last year without doing Casper. I would contact them to be sure.

Yeah I got that same email as well. Thanks!

I got an interview for 8/5 as well. 

I was verified on 6/18.

This is my second time to apply. First time I applied last year, they rejected me quick. 😅 But I got more PCE, took an additional psych class, wrote a better essay, and got better letters of recommendation. 

Hope this helps someone. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, Prepa36 said:

For those who received the invite, when was your app verified? Mind sharing your stats?

And congrats!!

My app was verified by CASPA 6/5 and Hardin-Simmons sent the "we have everything we need" email 6/6. They sent me the interview invite 7/8 for 8/5. I took the CASPer test on 6/2 as I saw it mentioned on CASPA so thought it was required. 

Stats:

2500+ pce (CNA and currently hemodialysis technician)

150+ volunteer hours

56 shadowing hours (1 PA)

overall science gpa 3.68 (CASPA calculated)

Hope this helps. I am a re-applicant and probably what helped is this time I applied really early in the cycle instead of towards the end right before the deadline and have a lot more pce. Last time I did not receive an interview and was rejected outright.

• Like 1