2019-2020 Application Cycle

I received an invite to interview 8/8! I received the "we have everything we need" email on 6/3.

To answer some previous questions, I do NOT have all the pre-reqs. I've registered for stats and microbio for the Fall.  I had a 3.97 undergrad (cumulative and sciences) and a 4.00 masters. I have just over 400 hours in health care (medical assistant, scribe, and hospice volunteer). Only 12 hours shadowing, but I indicated that it’s ongoing. Non-HC Employment hours ~7700; Volunteer ~900; teaching ~300; leadership ~600; and research ~660.  Hope that helps!  Good luck! I'm looking forward to meeting y'all there!

Hey! I interviewed for HSU a year ago today and the program won me over completely! I was accepted 2 days later and will be starting in about a month! I may not be there yet but I know some current students offered advice last year that was really helpful to me so if you need any interview advice or info about the program just let me know and I can do my best. Best of Luck! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, egrace said:

Hey! I interviewed for HSU a year ago today and the program won me over completely! I was accepted 2 days later and will be starting in about a month! I may not be there yet but I know some current students offered advice last year that was really helpful to me so if you need any interview advice or info about the program just let me know and I can do my best. Best of Luck! 

So excited for you! What kind of interviews do they conduct? 

Haven’t got an interview yet but wanted to start preparing. Hoping they will reply soon!! I’m not sure what order they review the applications.

21 hours ago, edtru said:

So excited for you! What kind of interviews do they conduct? 

Haven’t got an interview yet but wanted to start preparing. Hoping they will reply soon!! I’m not sure what order they review the applications.

I want to say first, they may change what they did last year, but we had 2 one-on-one interviews and a group interview. All had basic interview questions and mine ended up being more like conversations. The group interview was a small group and is nothing really to worry about.

Candidate selection for us was rolling! Each application was reviewed as it was submitted and this continued throughout the interview season. So after every interview anyone who didn't receive an acceptance or rejection was put in a pool which was again reviewed with every applicant who had interviewed previously. Basically if you don't hear a No, there's still a chance. The faculty just want to be sure they are selecting the best students for their program and don't want to miss applicants if they applied a bit later in the cycle!

I received an email for an interview of 8/8 today.

• my app was verified and HS email received 6/6
  • i took casper in mid june
  • I’m a first time applicant
  • here are my stats
    • PCE: 200 or 0 depending on how they see it( volunteer and interning so nothing paid)
    • HCE: 500 (pharmacy tech)
    • GPA cum: 3.85 sci: 3.91
    • GRE: 313
    • shadowing: 90 (2 PAs)
  • Like 2

I received an interview for August 8th!

I am a reapplicant and interviewed on August 8th last year. I graduated August 10th and received my rejection email while sitting in graduation. 😞

I have been accumulating hands on experience as an MA. Submitted on June 23rd, verified June 24th. HS email on June 24th. Casper complete June 26th. 

C GPA 3.67

S GPA 3.6

PCE 2100 hours

Volunteer 125 hours

Shadowing 75 hours 2 specialties 

HS is the only school I interviewed at last year. So nervous!!

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, Curivity said:

Wondering if there are any applicants here that applied the first few weeks after CASPA open and have not received anything at all yet 😮.

It's radio silence, at least give me something! Lol

I'm with you. I received the "application complete" email on May 24 and have not heard a peep. I'm getting so nervous because people who applied after me have received interviews.