Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

On 9/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, Bridgetn91 said:

Did y’all receive an email about if you have any questions about the program and an invitation to the open house but not an actual interview for the PA program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received that email & was considering going but when I registered it does not have "Physician Assistant" to choose from? Not sure if the open house is for other programs?

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, kth15 said:

Hi everyone! I am a current first year PA student at the Miami campus. Last year I applied mid-July and interviewed in January. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the program or the interview process. Don’t lose hope!

Thank you!! I was curious what the average time to hear back from Barry is after interviewing?

6 hours ago, Julie259195 said:

Thank you!! I was curious what the average time to hear back from Barry is after interviewing?

I interviewed on a Friday and heard back the following Wednesday.  They do say that it can take up to 3 weeks... so try to be patient with them even though it is hard to wait!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:02 PM, starfall27 said:

I also received that email & was considering going but when I registered it does not have "Physician Assistant" to choose from? Not sure if the open house is for other programs?

I noticed that too, im still gonna go i live in Orlando so it’s an easy drive 

Hi everyone! I am a current first year PA student at the Miami campus. Last year I applied mid-July and interviewed in January. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the program or the interview process. Don’t lose hope!

What were your stats?

How long did did it take for you to receive confirmation of all your application materials and interview invite?? I received and initial email on 7/23 but have yet to receive any contact further. Is this normal? It has been exactly 10 weeks since the initial email. Thank you!

1 minute ago, dtaylor33 said:

How long did did it take for you to receive confirmation of all your application materials and interview invite?? I received and initial email on 7/23 but have yet to receive any contact further. Is this normal? It has been exactly 10 weeks since the initial email. Thank you!

I submitted mid-July and got an invitation to interview mid-November.  The waiting game is tough but worth it!  They get a lot of applications and it takes awhile to read through and process them all. Try to be patient!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dtaylor33 said:

Anyone else keep getting the emails regarding the Graduate School open house?? Throws me off every time. Hoping to hear something else soon hahaha

Oh my gosh me too! My heart starts to be beat fast and then its just that! Im tempted to unsubscribe from them haha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dtaylor33 said:

Anyone else keep getting the emails regarding the Graduate School open house?? Throws me off every time. Hoping to hear something else soon hahaha

Yes! I am getting SO anxious and wanting to hear something so badly! Nice to know we are all in the same boat though. I live in Tampa and have been so interested in Barry since I began this journey because I took a cadaver course in undergrad at their facility. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, Julie259195 said:

Yes! I am getting SO anxious and wanting to hear something so badly! Nice to know we are all in the same boat though. I live in Tampa and have been so interested in Barry since I began this journey because I took a cadaver course in undergrad at their facility. Fingers crossed.

I know someone in Barry and supposedly they received their interview in November, so NO losing hope for anyone yet!!! Let's stay positive 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, Patricia5827 said:

I noticed that too, im still gonna go i live in Orlando so it’s an easy drive 

What were your stats?

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.3

Patient Care Hours: ~4,000 (I worked as a CNA)

GRE: a little over 300

Second time applicant

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 7:55 AM, jenniferverran said:

Hi everyone! 

I just got my interview invite a couple days for the Miami campus via email. Just wanted to check if anyone else has already interviewed and if I could message you for some insight.

- Jenn

Hi Jenn!

I got an interview invitation on Saturday as well. When is your interview date?