Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

On 4/28/2019 at 11:56 PM, PA2BEE101 said:

Hello there,

I'm trying to figure it when the best time is to sending GRE scores?

Hello, previous year applicant here. I would wait to send your GRE scores until you nail down all of the schools you plan on applying to and finish submitting their applications first. Only after everything else has been submitted would I send the scores.

7 hours ago, Siyana said:

Best of luck !!!! Do you mind sharing stats? I will be submitting soon too.

Yeah sure!

GPA: 3.88, sGPA: 3.79, PCE: ~2,500 (MA & CNA), HCE: 400, Volunteer: ~500, Leadership: 700, Shadowing: 160

I take the GRE on May 20th and I start a scribing job at the end of the month

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Siyana said:

Best of luck !!!! Do you mind sharing stats? I will be submitting soon too.

Hello! My stats are

GPA : 3.42 sGPA : 3.14, PCE : ~4,000 (Health Educator and Scribe), HCE : ~400, Volunteer : ~450, Leadership : 1 yr, Shadowing : 60. GRE : V 154, Q 154, W 4.0.

Good luck!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, prepagirl61 said:

Yeah sure!

GPA: 3.88, sGPA: 3.79, PCE: ~2,500 (MA & CNA), HCE: 400, Volunteer: ~500, Leadership: 700, Shadowing: 160

I take the GRE on May 20th and I start a scribing job at the end of the month

Good luck to you!

Good luck on the GRE, I'm taking mine on the 18th and low key freaking out! Great stats, you will do  great!

11 hours ago, Patricia5827 said:

What classes are you guys using to fulfill the second behavioral science class?

I used general psychology for the first one and since I took both intro to sociology and medical sociology I chose the medical sociology since it was at a higher level. I'm hoping they will accept that.

9 hours ago, Lifeline10 said:

On CASPA, I see they only take Psychology, Sociology, or Human Growth and Development. I used Psychology. Hope this helps. Good luck! 😊

9 hours ago, prepagirl61 said:

I used general psychology for the first one and since I took both intro to sociology and medical sociology I chose the medical sociology since it was at a higher level. I'm hoping they will accept that.

I used psych for the first one and for a second one I have motor development and learning, would that count? I emailed Michelle and she said “if the class is under the subject of psychology, sociology, and Human motor and development they will count” so I don’t know if that’s a yes or no

1 hour ago, Patricia5827 said:

I used psych for the first one and for a second one I have motor development and learning, would that count? I emailed Michelle and she said “if the class is under the subject of psychology, sociology, and Human motor and development they will count” so I don’t know if that’s a yes or no

I feel like that would count under the Human Growth and Development but that's just me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I used General Psych and Abnormal Psych for mine.

19 hours ago, tfunkhouser said:

I am waiting for CASPA do get my GRE scores for Barry still. Do you think I should wait until they're received before submitting?

No! Totally submit now because you have to send GRE scores directly to Barry and it takes them time to sort through applications because there is only one person who does it.  Since you send scores directly it will never show up in CASPA as received. The sooner you apply, the better.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, tfunkhouser said:

I am waiting for CASPA do get my GRE scores for Barry still. Do you think I should wait until they're received before submitting?

I believe Barry gets your GRE scores directly from ETS and does not report through CASPA. Thats what their website says! Also, they dont send an email saying they've received youre GRE score. As long as you send it through ETS you should be good!

• Like 1