Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

3 minutes ago, uconngrad1 said:

I interviewed 9/27 at the miami campus and got that email as well, so to me it seems that there's no decision yet. 

Michelle also told us at least 4-6 weeks until we would get a decision. So it could be well before December 1st, too.

I think this email sounds like it’s forewarning of a deferral/waitlist decision

It may be a little early for this but I am a 3rd year PA student graduating in December 2019. I took a job in NY and am looking to rent my condo out to incoming PA students. It is a 2 bed/ 2bath condo and would be available for your August start. Very good price/location. If you got accepted and are looking for a place to stay feel free to email me at brendanheitz@yahoo.com. Good luck everyone! 

Hi!! I was wondering about anyone who was a little late applying like I was & if you had heard anything/if you know about them getting back with anyone else. I applied at the end of August! Also, I was reading forums from previous cycles and there were people still getting interviewed in April so nobody give up hope! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE (((:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayyypayyy said:

Hi!! I was wondering about anyone who was a little late applying like I was & if you had heard anything/if you know about them getting back with anyone else. I applied at the end of August! Also, I was reading forums from previous cycles and there were people still getting interviewed in April so nobody give up hope! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE (((:

I applied in May and have not heard back

On 10/21/2019 at 12:32 PM, SZO2020 said:

I interviewed on 9/27 at the Miami campus and received an email on 10/18 saying that I was accepted! Goodluck to everyone else that interviewed!

Congrats!!!! Sending blessings your way! Do you mind sharing any info pertaining to the interview process? Are the questions difficult or is it more of a laid back environment?

On 10/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, delocalized said:

Considering that there has been multiple interview sessions and this school has rolling admissions, do you guys think it is too late to apply to this school?

I don’t have a direct answer for you but I can tell you what I know and hopefully it can help you make a decision. 

I interviewed on 10/18 and they told me they were on the 5th week of interviews (out of 15), when I asked. They only conduct interviews on Fridays from what I noticed. There is only one person going through all the applications and scheduling interviews as she goes through them. From my personal experience, you can schedule your interview up to 3 weeks in advance. So right now, it’s more than likely that interviews are booked up until 11/15, which would be the 9th round.

Generally speaking, it does get harder to get an interview if you apply late. Harder though, not impossible. If you are confident that you have a stellar application that will make you stand out, then you still have a chance.

Edited by JennPA

On 10/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, starfall27 said:

Congrats!!!! Sending blessings your way! Do you mind sharing any info pertaining to the interview process? Are the questions difficult or is it more of a laid back environment?

Thank you!

The interview was fairly laid back, but it may have been due to the fact that I interviewed so early on. The facility was super nice, including the professors and practicing MD's/PA's. The format was both a group interview and one on one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nktrio11 said:

That is awesome!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Absolutely, GRE is my weak point no doubt but, hey I got an invite!

cGPA: 3.8

sGPA: 3.7

GRE: 297 and 4.5 

60+ shadowing hours

LOR: Two physicians, one manager from early in my career whose watched me grow my career,  and one from my current manager. 

I've been a CT, MRI, XRay, Mammo tech for 14 years. 

Hello everyone!

I submitted my CASPA application and GRE scores in May and just heard back from the St. Petersburg Campus on Oct. 28th. I had three choices for interview dates: Nov. 1st, 8th or January 24th. I chose Nov. 8th instead of the 1st and now I am regretting that decision.... Do you think this will lessen my chances of getting in due to not choosing the earliest interview date?

Any input helps, thanks!

Edited by Nurse2PA95

I have selected to interview NOV 8th to MIAMI campus! 🙂 

I don't have any family or friends who live in the area so if anyone is also flying in and wants to grab dinner or something before interview day that would be cool 🙂 since I have no idea what I'll do for 10+ hours when I arrive the day before!

I applied at the beginning of July. I just now, TODAY received the email stating they have all my requirements and are reviewing my application. LOL. I have already recently accepted a seat at another program and will be withdrawing my application. Good luck everyone! I totally thought they were just ignoring my application. Don't lose hope. In the email it states everyone will be notified of application status by April 2020.