Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

Howdy everyone, I am from New York and and am interviewing late January. I was accepted by a local program and have put a deposit down but Barry has always been a dream of mine. Does anyone know if it would be worth it for me to fly down there for the interview or is the next cohort basically full? I know Michelle stated in her email that the class may fill up before they complete interviews.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjacobs7 said:

Howdy everyone, I am from New York and and am interviewing late January. I was accepted by a local program and have put a deposit down but Barry has always been a dream of mine. Does anyone know if it would be worth it for me to fly down there for the interview or is the next cohort basically full? I know Michelle stated in her email that the class may fill up before they complete interviews.

GO TO THE INTERVIEW! 

I am a current first year PA student at Barry and interviewed mid-January and got accepted less than a week later.  January is definitely not too late to get accepted.  Some students in my class interviewed and got accepted in April.  

Let me know if you have any more questions! I am also from Northeast 🙂

-K

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, aks22 said:

I interviewed 9/20 and got an acceptance email today!

On 10/21/2019 at 12:32 PM, SZO2020 said:

I interviewed on 9/27 at the Miami campus and received an email on 10/18 saying that I was accepted! Goodluck to everyone else that interviewed!

Hi congratulations!! How was the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? I'm interviewing this Friday

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, kth15 said:

Hi everyone! I am a current first year PA student at the Miami campus. Last year I applied mid-July and interviewed in January. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the program or the interview process. Don’t lose hope!

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, kth15 said:

Hi everyone! I am a current first year PA student at the Miami campus. Last year I applied mid-July and interviewed in January. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the program or the interview process. Don’t lose hope!

Hi I'm interviewing this Friday, any tips? How is the interview? 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, gbonfant said:

Hi congratulations!! How was the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? I'm interviewing this Friday

The interview was very relaxed and low key. There was a group portion where they asked 2 questions, then the individual interviews happen in cycles. Everyone sits in the classroom chatting while others interview, which helped keep everyone calm, in my opinion! The actual interview was I think 4 questions? It took about 15 minutes total—very casual. And, the questions aren’t ones that you can really prepare for, so just try to be yourself and answer honestly! Good luck!!!

PS: I ended up declining my acceptance, since I had another acceptance at a top choice school closer to home. 

39 minutes ago, sugawara088 said:

Interviewed 10/25 at Miami and just got my acceptance through email 🙂 .  Does anyone know if a FB group has been created for those that have been accepted? 

I interviewed that date as well!! What time did you receive your email??  Also congrats

Edited by PMuralt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Interviewed on 9/20 at Miami and just got my acceptance this morning!

After being rear-ended on my morning commute to work, I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I’m not saying I cried, but... jk, I totally cried. This was my 3rd attempt. Every one of my doctors that I work with cried with me

Edited by EyeSeeYou
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, EyeSeeYou said:

Interviewed on 9/20 at Miami and just got my acceptance this morning!

After being rear-ended on my morning commute to work, I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I’m not saying I cried, but... jk, I totally cried. This was my 3rd attempt. Every one of my doctors that I work with cried with me

Congrats, would you mind sharing what you did differently your second and third rounds applying?

Hello everyone, 

Just wanted to spread a little light in those who are panicking. I emailed Barry last week regarding my application status (applied early August) and was told that they are still by July applications. So for those who have not heard back from anyone yet and applied around this time, there is still HOPE! Keep praying and don't lose faith yet! Good luck guys!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2