Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

9 hours ago, uconngrad1 said:

Hey guys!

So I applied July 18th, and got the "we are in receipt of your application email" on July 23rd. I also sent my GREs in on July 18th. 

I have not heard anything since. It has been exactly one month. I never have received "your application is complete and under review" email. Should I contact them tomorrow about this or do you think they are still processing since I applied mid-July? I don't think my email is the problem since I have heard back from other schools. 

Thanks!

I also received the same email on 7/23 and have yet to hear my app. has completed. If you reach out keep us updated! They may be just taking their time due to increased number of applications!

13 hours ago, uconngrad1 said:

Hey guys!

So I applied July 18th, and got the "we are in receipt of your application email" on July 23rd. I also sent my GREs in on July 18th. 

I have not heard anything since. It has been exactly one month. I never have received "your application is complete and under review" email. Should I contact them tomorrow about this or do you think they are still processing since I applied mid-July? I don't think my email is the problem since I have heard back from other schools. 

Thanks!

I received my "in receipt" email on 5/22 and "currently under review" email on 5/30. I applied early, so that might be the reason for the quick turnaround time.

Per the "in receipt" email, Barry used the "4-6 weeks" timeline. So, maybe give them another 2 weeks and then check in?

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, Kdean said:

For those that have gotten interview invites, would you mind sharing your GPA, etc? I am also waiting for another email from them. 

cumGPA: 3.70; science GPA: 3.79

GRE: 296 total (146 quant, 150 verbal) 4.0 writing

PCE: ~4200 hours as an ED Scribe, ~760 as an ED Tech

HCE: 858 hours

Shadowing: 332 hours

Volunteering: 220 hours

I am also a Scribe Trainer and was a Microbio TA in undergrad. Don't lose hope. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, Kdean said:

For those that have gotten interview invites, would you mind sharing your GPA, etc? I am also waiting for another email from them. 

Gpa: 3.8

sgpa: 3.8 

GRE: 309 

PCE: 1500 hours 911 EMT (probably 1700 by now) 

HCE: 600 hours hospital lab and hospital volunteer 

volunteering:300 hours 

research: 300 

shadowing: 110

this is the first II emails! There is still a lot of time, I’m sure they will send out at least 3-4 more! 

On 8/27/2019 at 9:43 AM, Kdean said:

Received an invite to the St. Pete campus on Wednesday! Submitted 7/3, initial email 7/23, 2nd email 8/15, interview invite 8/28

sGPA: 3.7

cGPA: 3.56

GRE: 306 (150 quant, 156 verbal, 4.0 writing 

5,600 hours as a dental hygienist (1,000 hours as lead DH)

200 hours as a ED scribe 

50 volunteer hours

60 hours shadowing pa/md 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, Brittany1112 said:

I have not heard yet...getting worried. Mine aren't the strongest.

GPA 3.3

sGPA 3.2

>2000 PCE hours

50 volunteer

50-60 shadowing

What about you? Good luck!

I still havent heard anything yet either and my stats are slightly better than yours (sGPA and cGPA 3.3, more PCE, more shadowing and more volunteer hours) uggghhhh....lets not give up hope, they interview all through the fall so maybe we'll just be towards the end of their list 😞 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starfall27 said:

Is anyone here not scared to admit that their GRE score is under a 300? I didn't quite make it to 300 and also applied to schools in California since they don't require the GRE, but am praying that I can stay here in my hometown. Luck to all!

My GRE was under 300😅 Not a great standardized test taker personally! I applied to a bunch in Cali as well which didn’t require a GRE and also Stony Brook which didn’t and already have an interview with them! Honestly, I’m not even that attracted at schools that would weed out students with excellent overall qualifications because of a low score on a general standardized exam. I mean, here they are training the future of healthcare and  they’re completely dismissing applicants who could potentially make a wonderful contribution to medicine, because of a low score on a GRE (which as everyone remembers, doesn’t even test on biological sciences or anything healthcare related!). Kind of concerning if this is how schools are determining future healthcare providers....Just my two cents! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, aalyssa17 said:

My GRE was under 300😅 Not a great standardized test taker personally! I applied to a bunch in Cali as well which didn’t require a GRE and also Stony Brook which didn’t and already have an interview with them! Honestly, I’m not even that attracted at schools that would weed out students with excellent overall qualifications because of a low score on a general standardized exam. I mean, here they are training the future of healthcare and  they’re completely dismissing applicants who could potentially make a wonderful contribution to medicine, because of a low score on a GRE (which as everyone remembers, doesn’t even test on biological sciences or anything healthcare related!). Kind of concerning if this is how schools are determining future healthcare providers....Just my two cents! 

Beautiful words love! God will take us far don't worry! I have been in the medical field for 15 years, and was even in medical school for one semester. I made the decision to withdraw because I had to leave to another state and left my children behind. I couldn't take the emotional burden!!! Being 40 years old, I had to teach myself high school math all over again in order to take the GRE! Awful I say! I stay positive & continue to have faith! I very much agree with you 🙂 Thank you for your response!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone!

I applied 7/8 and got the first email from Barry 7/23, so I am patiently waiting on a second email! Barry St. Pete has been my top choice since the beginning of my journey. Congrats to those who already have interviews lined up!

I actually got a 299 on my GRE 😑 but the rest of my application is solid so we will see. I do believe most schools including Barry take a holistic approach when looking at applications.

• Like 1