Who are we????????????????????

I used to run EMS right in that neighborhood for several years. I don't recall if their office was one where we once picked up an active chest pain patient they wanted to send to the ER, but no one was actually WITH the patient, nor had anything like O2 on, or an EKG done (despite the EKG machine in the office)

Just sayin'.

better get used to it. that's how it is in the working world. having a thick skin is a prerequisite to being a PA or NP :)

YEP...!!!!

If you plan to practice MEDICINE as a "Non-Physician"... better thicken the hide.

The concept and content of the ad being discussed is OLD news....

There are atleast 3 practices in this town that advertise to the general public the fact that they do NOT subject their patients to the care of "mid-levels"... for their safety and to maintain quality... and have been doing so for about a decade.

YEP...!!!!

If you plan to practice MEDICINE as a "Non-Physician"... better thicken the hide.

The concept and content of the ad being discussed is OLD news....

There are atleast 3 practices in this town that advertise to the general public the fact that they do NOT subject their patients to the care of "mid-levels"... for their safety and to maintain quality... and have been doing so for about a decade.

Haha yeah, better not subject those poor pts to those Bogeyman PAs and NPs. If someone actually said something about only having their pts see MDs/DOs and not mid-levels I would laugh and wish them the best of luck. I think being a medic gave me the skin I need, and the gumption not to be pushed around by someone with a 'holier than thou' complex.

I think that the competition is killing them because they utilize midlevels and patients can actually get seen in a timely manner and recieve the highest standard of care. In my experience PA's and NP's tend to go the extra mile for patients. Not saying that Docs do not, but they tend to be pulled in more directions all at once and do not always have the liberty.

I love these responses FYI "Ken and Barbie" are a real married couple although the photo is dated by a few years. I sent them a letter a year ago telling them that all the practices that use PAs and NPs in Houston are disrespected by their ad. Of course I got no reply. It galls me to see the add every month. I have treated their patients when they were not available and gave the pt. my card and asked them to say "hi" from me next time they were seen. GRRRRRRRRR

PS once again, sorry for the inverted post but impressed on how many people stood on their heads!!

They seem super sketchy. They do not list where they went to medical school only that "I was High School Valedictorian". They are experts in heart attack prevention but where is the research and publication listing? And I am not sure if the "CIMT (carotid intima media thickness) scans are done in the office to provide the earliest possible detection of potential problems within the blood vessels" is part of any reallgorithm or a nice way to bill. I wouldnt take much offense to this .... they are trying to make their business look better than the one down the block. They probably know little about PA's and couldnt care less because their purpose is to get more customers not educate about health outcomes.

Archived