2021-2022 Application Cycle

40 minutes ago, JuliaC said:

I'm interviewing with Tacoma on 10/8.  I've been told that MEDEX does group interview style.  Anyone have any insights on group interviews? 

This is from a response from someone else on the tacoma oct 2020 interview from last year.  They describe it the best i can remember: 

"We had three 45 minute interviews in the morning followed by admissions and financial aid info in the afternoon. You’ll also get to ask questions of current students in Tacoma class 8. 

The week of the interview MEDEX will send you a sheet that indicates which faculty and fellow interviewees you will be with each of the 3 sessions. Each interview will consist of 2 interviewers and 3 interviewees. They also send a schedule for the day and some info about the interviewers."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Williamsan6 said:

This is from a response from someone else on the tacoma oct 2020 interview from last year.  They describe it the best i can remember: 

"We had three 45 minute interviews in the morning followed by admissions and financial aid info in the afternoon. You’ll also get to ask questions of current students in Tacoma class 8. 

The week of the interview MEDEX will send you a sheet that indicates which faculty and fellow interviewees you will be with each of the 3 sessions. Each interview will consist of 2 interviewers and 3 interviewees. They also send a schedule for the day and some info about the interviewers."

Very helpful! Thank you!

On 8/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, Paigen1234 said:

Anyone get any rejections in this interview bunch or are any of you still getting interview invites today? A little nervous because I was verified July 10 and haven’t heard anything😩

I feel your pain. I’m waiting to hear about Anchorage. I’m super confused, because no one has commented on this forum about first round interviews in Anchorage and conceivably, others on this forum are also waiting for Anchorage and Kona. 

15 minutes ago, AmandaL said:

Just got the email that I meet the academic prereqs and it was moving on to faculty review and to expect an email for faculty review. does anyone remember how long that process took to receive the email that is was under faculty review?

TIA!

So after the application criteria is met, the email for once faculty review is complete is in regards to wether you get an interview invitation or denied later on is what I believe. 

23 hours ago, Seanb said:

I feel your pain. I’m waiting to hear about Anchorage. I’m super confused, because no one has commented on this forum about first round interviews in Anchorage and conceivably, others on this forum are also waiting for Anchorage and Kona. 

From what others are saying, Anchorage should be after Tacoma, but seems like either some Anchorage invites did go out but no one posted, OR they decided to do another Seattle round before sending first round Anchorage invites... I'm so antsy at this point! I'm waiting for Anchorage and Kona too. Kona is last from what I hear from last year though, I think.

48 minutes ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

From what others are saying, Anchorage should be after Tacoma, but seems like either some Anchorage invites did go out but no one posted, OR they decided to do another Seattle round before sending first round Anchorage invites... I'm so antsy at this point! I'm waiting for Anchorage and Kona too. Kona is last from what I hear from last year though, I think.

Thanks for responding. I tried reaching out to the school and got what seems like a canned answer. I’m hesitant to reach out again, as I don’t want to be “that guy”. My question directly asked if first round interviews had gone out yet, to which the person replied (paraphrased) you’ll get an an email when we release invitations. Perhaps they’ve gone out and no one posted, or maybe they’re waiting for some reason. Your guess is as good as mine.   Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, Seanb said:

Thanks for responding. I tried reaching out to the school and got what seems like a canned answer. I’m hesitant to reach out again, as I don’t want to be “that guy”. My question directly asked if first round interviews had gone out yet, to which the person replied (paraphrased) you’ll get an an email when we release invitations. Perhaps they’ve gone out and no one posted, or maybe they’re waiting for some reason. Your guess is as good as mine.   Best of luck!

I wouldn't keep pestering them personally. What site are you applying for? Seattle is currently doing their first interview (they are first). There are several interview groups for each site as well. 

13 minutes ago, acanlas said:

Hello, any luck on getting an interview invite if you applied early august? I'm aware of the rolling admission, and wondering if what are the chances in getting an invite if app was submitted around Aug. I'm really interested in Medex program as being my top choice. TIA!! 

Yes, I was late July due to CASPA issues and still made first interview rounds with Seattle. Good luck. They do interviews all throughout this year so there is always time.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:51 PM, acanlas said:

Hello, any luck on getting an interview invite if you applied early august? I'm aware of the rolling admission, and wondering if what are the chances in getting an invite if app was submitted around Aug. I'm really interested in Medex program as being my top choice. TIA!! 

I applied in august and got many emails confirming my prerequisites!

2 hours ago, Mmram said:

Congrats to you!! Any tips on how you wow'd them? Lol 

Well it’s difficult to say. Lol but I will give everyone in here some tips on the interviews. 

There are 3 different interview sessions. All with 3 prospects and 2 interviewers.

1. First interview is a get to know you. Examples: tell me about yourself? Why do you want to be a PA? Etc. Practice this!!

2. Second interview is an ethical focus. I have no examples but just get used to answering ethical situations comfortably and respectfully. 

3. last interview is behavioral question focused. Example: tell me a time you worked as a team? Etc. get comfortable with this. 

Overall, be yourself and try not to be fake. I would recommend studying common questions and doing mock interviews ahead of time. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by CrooksHM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1