2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 12/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, ReneeEP said:

What does “catch all” mean?

It's my understanding from reading other posts that in past years they've had one final interview session for all campuses, and the email I received invited me to "interview at our Catch-All conference". It also said they only have seats left for Anchorage and Kona campuses, though I think in the past this last "Catch-All" interview has included more locations. I hope that helps clear that up 🙂

Edited by FromATCtoPAC
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

Thank you!! Eee! I'm both relieved and terrified. I was also surprised not more people mentioned they too had received a catch-all invite, it must be a small interview session, and they've already filled most of their seats or something...

I also got an interview for the catch all as well. I wonder if this means we have a worse chance than getting accepted at previous interviews. Not sure exactly what it means. 

1 hour ago, Judi3 said:

I also got an interview for the catch all as well. I wonder if this means we have a worse chance than getting accepted at previous interviews. Not sure exactly what it means. 

I think that may be, if only because we didn't make the interview cut for our top choice location first time around - although, Kona was my first choice and I didn't see anyone post about getting a Kona-specific interview, so who knows! They may be lumping Kona interviews into the catch-all this time around instead of doing a whole separate interview conference just for the small cohort there. In any case, I'm just stoked that they want to talk to me, even if I wasn't on their preliminary list 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Judi3 said:

Does anyone who has interviewed know if the didactic phase will be starting online or in person this year due to Covid? 

In person. June 16th in Seattle for two weeks and then  an 8 week A&P systems review on the campus you’re attending- that is what I remember but don’t hold me to it 🙂

Edited by AlanaBranson

13 minutes ago, AlanaBranson said:

In person. June 16th in Seattle for two weeks and then  an 8 week A&P systems review on the campus you’re attending- that is what I remember but don’t hold me to it 🙂

So the tentative date they have for orientation is June 20th. Does anyone know if we are actually doing something everyday those 2 weeks? What does orientation entail?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I’m applying next cycle, but I had a question that I hope someone could answer for me if that’s okay? I noticed that the earlier you submit your application, the earlier you’d get an interview invite. 

My concern is that I finish my bachelors in June; should I wait to submit my application until after my bachelors is competed? Or should I submit my app right after CASPA opens up? - my prereqs are finished & my hours will be well off by then, so my only concern is what they would think about my bachelors. On the site they do mention that it just has to be completed by Dec 31 of the application year.. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, MPolow said:

Hi everyone!

I’m applying next cycle, but I had a question that I hope someone could answer for me if that’s okay? I noticed that the earlier you submit your application, the earlier you’d get an interview invite. 

My concern is that I finish my bachelors in June; should I wait to submit my application until after my bachelors is competed? Or should I submit my app right after CASPA opens up? - my prereqs are finished & my hours will be well off by then, so my only concern is what they would think about my bachelors. On the site they do mention that it just has to be completed by Dec 31 of the application year.. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Personally I would wait until you have finalized transcripts. MEDEX has 2 main interviews for each site. You may miss the first round of interview invites, but if you are a strong candidate then it wont matter. I submitted in July as I was waiting on transcripts for some pre-reqs and received an interview for the second date. In the interim I would just practice your interview skills. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed admissions, seems like they are very discreet with waitlist numbers and they do not tell us our place on the waitlist, I think its better to expect a Rejection at this point. 

This is my third cycle applying and I don't think I can do this one more time. Anyone looking into other careers or applied to other programs? I got accepted in a non PA program. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, 08262020 said:

I emailed admissions, seems like they are very discreet with waitlist numbers and they do not tell us our place on the waitlist, I think its better to expect a Rejection at this point. 

This is my third cycle applying and I don't think I can do this one more time. Anyone looking into other careers or applied to other programs? I got accepted in a non PA program. 

I was also waitlisted but haven't heard anything... What was their response to your email? I was considering doing the same as far as emailing them as well....

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that you are all the coolest, and thank you for being such a supportive, encouraging community. I've been a nervous frequent flier (lol) on the MEDEX forum for the past several years, and I wanted to share that after years of this pre-PA grind, I finally made it! I just got into Anchorage off the wait list! 

I'm so relieved and thankful, and I can't wait to be a part of such an instrumental program. Finally!!! :):) 

If you've seen my (honestly super needy😆) posts, and for any reason some of it resonated with you, or if you also feel discouraged and exhausted by this process and want to vent, feel free to shoot me a DM here, I GOT YOU!

- Gabby

• Like 2