2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hi all! I feel like this might be SUPER early but figured I'd kick things off 🙂 

Nervous and ready to do this thing all over again! I'm Kelli! I was waitlisted to the Kona site last cycle and hoping this is the year! would love to hear from any any MEDEX hopefuls! 

Edited by kellspi
spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• kellspi changed the title to 2021-2022 Application Cycle
On 5/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, cmdPA said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether or not MEDEX utilizes rolling admissions? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on the website!! This is my first time applying and I'm very excited 🙂

Yes they do! Excited for you and hoping for the best! Which campus are you applying to? 

Guest johnab
28 minutes ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Can I ask how you all are formatting your personal narrative statements for MEDEX? Like do you think they want it to be a flowing essay, or more to the point with the answers to their questions? I don't even know where to start 😩

They said narrative statement so I formatted mine as an essay style but ensured it answered each question. 

23 hours ago, TannerH said:

Has anybody received a verification email for their application submission? I have yet to receive one and was wondering if I should reach out to them or just wait. I submitted my application about 10 days ago.  

I would wait till maybe another week! if I remember correctly it took a hot second for me to be verified last cycle!!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Williamsan6 said:

Has anyone waitlisted received anything from Medex?  I figured we would get an email to tell us to reapply next cycle. I’m sure all of us are already doing that. 😅

definitely reapplying 🥲 but nope haven’t heard anything on my end! from what I think I gathered i’m not sure they send anything to waitlisters

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MDalpias said:

Has anyone had any correspondence at all? I think last year they sent emails when your profile was complete. However I applied much later, so this initial wait is new to me. 

I just received an email stating I met the academic and clinical prerequisites and that my application will now move forward for faculty review. Verified on 5/16 if that helps.

• Like 2

Hi! 

My name is Kara, first time applicant. Hoping for Tacoma! Nice to meet everyone! 

I was verified on 5/26 and yesterday I received an email stating my application is has been moved forward. No word on an interview, from other forums it looks like they send out initial invites in late August. 

• Upvote 1