2021-2022 Application Cycle

14 minutes ago, gwiley said:

Hypothetical: Say you get an interview with Seattle. If you don't get a spot for Seattle, could they offer you a spot for a different location? Or do you generally get accepted/denied to the location you interview at?

No they don’t offer you another spot at a different location! If you didn’t get a spot at the location you interview at you would have to reapply next year!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, FromATCtoPAC said:

Congrats to everyone invited to interview for Tacoma! Yay!

Eagerly waiting for Anchorage & Kona! Anyone else with that particular combo? 🙂

I am also eagerly awaiting for Anchorage! 😀 

Congratulations, and good luck to all who are invited for an interview! 

• Like 1

Hey all! 

I recieved an email stating I did not have the needed 2000 hours. I have over 1200 as a nurse and over 800 as CNA. I responded with the clarification and my capsa application as well as descriptions.

They replied again and stated they had calculated a number that was around 1500 hours. I have no idea how they got this number. I replied asking for clarification and it has now been over 2 weeks with no reply. 

Any advice? 

25 minutes ago, Eemma said:

Hey all! 

I recieved an email stating I did not have the needed 2000 hours. I have over 1200 as a nurse and over 800 as CNA. I responded with the clarification and my capsa application as well as descriptions.

They replied again and stated they had calculated a number that was around 1500 hours. I have no idea how they got this number. I replied asking for clarification and it has now been over 2 weeks with no reply. 

Any advice? 

I would find a way to call them, or email again until ya get an answer cause that’s super weird! 
double check your CASPA and make sure you put your hours in correctly and that MEDEX accepts your hours! Good luck! 

15 minutes ago, kellspi said:

I would find a way to call them, or email again until ya get an answer cause that’s super weird! 
double check your CASPA and make sure you put your hours in correctly and that MEDEX accepts your hours! Good luck! 

I appreciate it. I have called them and it just is a recording of their email. I am going to email again this week and see if I can get a response.  I went over my application multiple times and Medex accepts nurse and CNA hours so I'm so confused.  I have gotten interviews from other schools that require 2000 hours too. Very interesting

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Eemma said:

Is anyone applying PCT/CNA hours as PCE experience and having it denied? MEDEX just informed me my PCT/CNA work on a med surg hospital floor does not count as PCE. But it lists it as one of the accepted PCE on their website. 

I have worked with MEDEX graduates who were formally CNA's so I know it should count. Could it be the way you described your role in the description? The only other thing I can think of if it was unpaid or part of an educational requirement.