2021-2022 Application Cycle

I'm late to the game here, but I got curious with the rest of ya'll so I thought I'd share my good news! MEDEX Seattle offered me a seat on 9/28 and I accepted! I did a happy dance with my baby for an hour and still revel in that thought of me being able to say out loud "I'm going to be a PA!"

This was my third-time applying to MEDEX, I've been going at this for over a decade now! Definitely worth the effort and I truly believe everything happens for a reason, even after investing money into previous application cycles. This time I applied early and submitted on 5/30 (the weekend my car was stolen). Got an interview invite on 8/23 for 9/24 and here I am! I was so impressed with the group that I interviewed and had major imposter syndrome. To those that already received their acceptance, congratulations, I can't wait to be in the same class as you remarkable people! Maybe I can be carpool buddies with another person from the Renton area...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

Nope 🙂 Still in an AK/HI holding pattern here... I really am assuming it'll be November at the earliest for AK and December likely for HI, just from my past-comment-snooping. 

Yeah I figured as much also. Just getting anxious on the edge of my seat every time I see a new email.  Hope we will be classmates in the near future. Good luck!

Justin RRT

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

My name is Nikki and I’m the current Vice President of Spokane class 25, which means I’m currently in my didactic year! 

First, congratulations on getting through the application cycle! I was in your shoes last year and I know how much stress and anxiety you’re all feeling. The process is long and emotionally exhausting, but hang in there even if you haven’t heard back yet. You never know what could happen!

For those that have had interviews and been accepted (especially at Spokane) I’d love to offer advice, help you prep for your summer quarter and use words other than “drinking from the firehose” (a phrase I aspire to never hear again 😂). If a few people are interested, we can set up a zoom call or something and work through questions that way. Let me know if you’re interested!

if you’re accepted or interviewing at another campus, feel free to join too! A portion of our learning is currently done via recorded lectures, so it’s all fairly similar across the board and I’d be happy to be a general resource for y’all too! 

Congrats and best of luck!

• Like 4

Here's the link for tomorrow if you'd like to chat! I'm a current didactic student and happy to answer questions for those of you that have and have not been accepted/interviewed.

Nikki Henry is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting at 10am PST on Saturday, 10/23/21.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://uw-phi.zoom.us/j/98426165887

Meeting ID: 984 2616 5887

See you there!

Nikki

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 9:47 AM, BuenaS said:

Also have an interview for Tacoma on 11/15! I'm very hopeful, but worried this is considered late? What is my likelihood to be accepted vs waitlisted? 

I don't think it is considered late. Each site does 2 interview rounds ( I'm guessing based off on when you applied since it is technically rolling admissions), and then there is a third where all the sites collab and interview as a whole.