Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

14 minutes ago, briannathedietitian said:

I. Glad to hear there’s hope! Thank you for this ! 🤍

was this for Yale online last year? When did they notify you about being off the waitlist? I’m gonna stay prepared through December then I guess! 😆

Yes, for Yale Online. I was removed from the waitlist. I was in the first round of interviews-first week of June

Edited by ContinuallyCommitted

To those of you who were just sent waitlist emails - don’t lose hope! I have faith you’ll get in ❤️

My application was considered complete and under review on 06/14. I’ve yet to hear anything back from the admission committee regarding an interview invite or rejection. I’ve been hanging in there by telling myself “no news is good news.” Does anyone know what’s going on? Should I contact my admissions counselor? Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Guest ahearrell

Firstly, I would like to congratulate those who were accepted! So exciting!

Curious if anyone has an interview next week? If so, please let me know if  you would be interested in connecting in advance to practice MMI scenarios. 

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, pacarranza said:

To those of you who were just sent waitlist emails - don’t lose hope! I have faith you’ll get in ❤️

My application was considered complete and under review on 06/14. I’ve yet to hear anything back from the admission committee regarding an interview invite or rejection. I’ve been hanging in there by telling myself “no news is good news.” Does anyone know what’s going on? Should I contact my admissions counselor? Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Hey!

Waiting is the worst. My guess is that since your application was sent after the June 1st priority deadline, the pace of reviewing and sending out interview invites will be slower.

You can contact your admissions counselor but they may still say your application is still under review. 

I hope you hear of something soon! ♥️

4 minutes ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Hey!

Waiting is the worst. My guess is that since your application was sent after the June 1st priority deadline, the pace of reviewing and sending out interview invites will be slower.

You can contact your admissions counselor but they may still say your application is still under review. 

I hope you hear of something soon! ♥️

Thank you for replying! I submitted my application during the priority deadline however, after an intense auditing process (had to submit syllabi for a few prerequisites) my application was considered complete by 06/14. 

You’re absolutely right, waiting is complete torture. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Here’s to hoping we become classmates one day ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briannathedietitian said:

Hi everyone, 

I interviewed June 8th and just received a waitlist email. Just wanted to update you all! Good luck to everyone! 

Interviewed same day, now we’re both in the same waiting room. *elevator music 🎶 

“So, you’re tellin’ me there’s a chance?” 🤔❤️ Lol, we shall keep on keeping on and hopefully end up with a seat. Stay positive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Last year in September, I was bumped off the waitlist. A friend of mine who was on the waitlist last year got an acceptance offer in December-class starts in January.

I’m on the waitlist again this year. It’s not a no! There is still hope! ❤️

Yes!! I know of two people who were accepted off of last years waitlist. 

I was also waitlisted and got taken off of (rejected/removed) the waitlist in September last cycle. I worked a ton on improving things for this cycle and got an acceptance this year, so even if you don’t get in off of the waitlist this year, it is a HUGE accomplishment and something you can take into next cycle! 

Edited by happyandhopeful
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, happyandhopeful said:

I was also waitlisted and got taken off of (rejected/removed) the waitlist in September last cycle. I worked a ton on improving things for this cycle at got an acceptance this year, so even if you don’t get in off of the waitlist this year, it is a HUGE accomplishment and something you can take into next cycle! 

That's amazing! Congratulations!! And thank you for the words of encouragement.

2 hours ago, pacarranza said:

If it provides any solace, mine went 'Under review' with Yale on 6/15 and I still haven't heard anything either but I wouldn't be too concerned. 

They are still processing two groups of interviews at this point.  All the acceptances from that group look likely to have gone out, now they have moved on to waitlist/rejections...I would imagine reviewing the new batch of applications comes after they have tied up these first groups.

Edited by Liebe13
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Liebe13 said:

If it provides any solace, mine went 'Under review' with Yale on 6/15 and I still haven't heard anything either but I wouldn't be too concerned. 

They are still processing two groups of interviews at this point.  All the acceptances from that group look likely to have gone out, now they have moved on to waitlist/rejections...I would imagine reviewing the new batch of applications comes after they have tied up these first groups.

Thank you so much! You’ve definitely provided some solace as I’m glad my application isn’t the only one that’s out in limbo. Fingers crossed we’ll hear back from the admissions committee soon -with interview invites🤞 Working on manifesting it ❤️

Anyone know if they’re waitlisting everyone else who interviewed/attended that post informational session on 6/17 ? Or about how many they waitlist ? 

Im waitlisted and just trying to figure out if I should wait (have a chance) or should start figuring out/applying to other schools as Yale was my top and only choice at my original application time 😔 just contemplating my future right now! Lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briannathedietitian said:

Anyone know if they’re waitlisting everyone else who interviewed/attended that post informational session on 6/17 ? Or about how many they waitlist ? 

Im waitlisted and just trying to figure out if I should wait (have a chance) or should start figuring out/applying to other schools as Yale was my top and only choice at my original application time 😔 just contemplating my future right now! Lol 

If you’re looking at a closer timeframe of becoming a PA, I would absolutely apply to more schools for more opportunities. If Yale is the absolute top priority, then stay positive while you wait, and strengthen your application ready for next year just in case! ☺️

Unsure of how many are waitlisted, but be proud of yourself for making the wait list! It’s a huge achievement in itself. 🙌🏼🎉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, briannathedietitian said:

It’s a tough decision to make and ultimately it is up to you, what your goals are, etc. 

Just remember that the latest time you may find out if you get accepted or not will be in December. Many other schools have deadlines that end somewhere in August-October. 

I’ve read of some pre-pa school applicants who apply to other schools while they’re on a waitlist, possibly get accepted somewhere else, pay the deposit to hold their spot, but then they get off the waitlist of their dream school and ultimately end up going there. Yes, they spend an extra $1000/$1500 towards a deposit, but they got what they wanted lol. 
♥️ 

• Like 1

They don’t waitlist everyone (to my knowledge and based off last years forums); they do actually send our rejections for those who interviewed. But they do waitlist quite a lot, it seems.

Also, I read someone say in last year’s forum that once they are done with all interviews, if there are still spots, they will return to the first cohort of interviewees (priority deadline applicants) and selectively send out offers. (Keep in mind: all that’s hearsay! Idk where they got that information from or if it’s still valid.)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Zoe777 said:

If you’re looking at a closer timeframe of becoming a PA, I would absolutely apply to more schools for more opportunities. If Yale is the absolute top priority, then stay positive while you wait, and strengthen your application ready for next year just in case! ☺️

Unsure of how many are waitlisted, but be proud of yourself for making the wait list! It’s a huge achievement in itself. 🙌🏼🎉

38 minutes ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

It’s a tough decision to make and ultimately it is up to you, what your goals are, etc. 

Just remember that the latest time you may find out if you get accepted or not will be in December. Many other schools have deadlines that end somewhere in August-October. 

I’ve read of some pre-pa school applicants who apply to other schools while they’re on a waitlist, possibly get accepted somewhere else, pay the deposit to hold their spot, but then they get off the waitlist of their dream school and ultimately end up going there. Yes, they spend an extra $1000/$1500 towards a deposit, but they got what they wanted lol. 
♥️ 

24 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

They don’t waitlist everyone (to my knowledge and based off last years forums); they do actually send our rejections for those who interviewed. But they do waitlist quite a lot, it seems.

Also, I read someone say in last year’s forum that once they are done with all interviews, if there are still spots, they will return to the first cohort of interviewees (priority deadline applicants) and selectively send out offers. (Keep in mind: all that’s hearsay! Idk where they got that information from or if it’s still valid.)

Thank you all for responding ! This has been such an emotional roller coaster for me, but I feel better having you all with me on this journey.

I hope anyone else waiting to hear back gets their acceptance calls!! There’s still hope for all of us. 

hope we can all keep updating each other on here 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, happyandhopeful said:

I was also waitlisted and got taken off of (rejected/removed) the waitlist in September last cycle. I worked a ton on improving things for this cycle and got an acceptance this year, so even if you don’t get in off of the waitlist this year, it is a HUGE accomplishment and something you can take into next cycle! 

Was there any feedback given on how to improve? I felt like my application package was super solid, but I'm guessing from the lack of communication coming my way I'll be getting a rejection email soon. I'll likely have to try again next year, but don't know what needs to be better. 

17 minutes ago, happyandhopeful said:

I am so sorry, I know how hard that is. Yes, I spoke with my admission counselor and we identified the main areas of weakness. I will say though, I came back having improved dramatically in every single area of my application, even the areas that I felt really good about and knew were strong. I literally did everything humanly possible to improve. I knew I had one year and didn’t want to have regrets thinking I should have/ could have done more. 

I would definitely reach out to admissions to see what they recommend! 

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you. 

Hey y’all - I know it’s hard to not read into things; trying to measure time-frames based on previous forums seems to help with the stress that comes with the waiting game. I did the same exact thing. We all did. 

I would just caution everyone to ensure the info you want to share with the forum is factual, and if it didn’t come directly from the staff or their website, take it with a grain of salt or just don’t put it out there. I know there is a lot of stuff on last years forum (100+ pages 😅), and a lot of it is speculation based on the previous cohort. 

The faculty do not reveal their process of accepting students, either directly from interviews or off the waitlist. Even more so, they changed the interview process entirely, so it’s even more of a guessing game.

This is a very exciting time and this forum is an awesome place to connect with the future fifth cohort of YPAO! 
Whoever is attending the next post interview sesh, I’m looking forward to meeting you 😊

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aha1991 said:

Rejection emails have gone out.  Sorry to all the folks who didn't get in, congrats to the lucky ones that did.  

To those who got rejected like me, don't let Yale derail your journey to becoming a PA.  Apply broadly and stay focused! Good luck! 

Rejected as well! Congrats again to everyone accepted! I know you are an amazing set of applicants and will make awesome PAs! 

I applied fairly broadly so I’m confident I will get in somewhere, and to everyone else who was rejected, you will get in somewhere too! We can use this experience, learn from it, and improve. I view it as an opportunity for self-reflection and growth!

Good luck to the next cohort!!

• Like 1